Would you buy a "B" stock SVS?

mmiles

Looking at the B stock SVS stuff. They did have a 1646 pc+ and a CS Ultra. If I got the CSU I have talked to a local pro audio store that sells Crown. They can do the K1 for $995 and the K2 for $1195. BTW there was also a "B" stock Samson S1000 for $365 I think.

Well what ever would you buy B stock from anyone. "Eric" from SVS said that the vast majority of B stock came from user returns that are just not happy (many times beleive it or not it is the wife that just cringed at the TUBE or items damged in shipping to some extent) but all items perform 100% an may on occasion have MINOR cosmetic flaws.

So would ya?

Mike

I would not hesitate to buy B stock from SVS. I am sure it would be the functional equivalent of a brand new unit. That just leaves cosmetics.

FWIW B stock in consumer electronics can include anything from warranty returns, to open box functional units returned by dealers or distributors, to brand new unopened returns from dealers and distributors. Whatever the reason, they cannot be sold as new again, and are sold as B stock or refurbs. If there is anything functionally wrong with them, they are repaired. As far as reliability goes, IMHO, the ones that were repaired are better than a brand new unit. They have probably already experienced whatever infant mortality they are prone to and been fixed. And they are often tested more thoroughly than a new unit.

Malolm is right,

Most B stock stuff is just fine.

I have seen a number of amps and pro audio gear sold as B stock and it has been fine and dandy.

A number of pro audio places sell floor models as B stock.

These pieces usually have very few hours on them and maybe only a slight cosmetic setback but a big savings monetary wise for you.

Peace, Josh

Well, I would have to say that initially I was a little worried about buying a B-stock item from SVS. I thought to myself, even if there is a small cosmetic issue, when I watch DVD's the lights are off, so what do I have to lose. The next time I found a B-stock 20-39PC+, I jumped on it! When it finally arrived at my home, I opened it up, and thoroughly inspected it for any kind of defects. I looked and looked, and I could not find anything wrong with it, so then I got really happy 9.gif . I must have gotten a slightly used one that someone sent back. So, in an answer to your question, don't even think twice about buying a B-stock subwoofer from SVS. I did, and I couldn't be happier.

IF you can find a B-stock item (and that's a big if - they go fast!), then buy it. I bought a B-stock 25-31PCi (during the summer sale last year), and it was indistinguishable from new. Totally happy with my purchase!

Be warned, though, that some of the SVS B-stocks are in very high demand, with people checking repeatedly through the day to see when these get posted. Best of luck!!