The Fives no sound on any source

I also encountered this problem just the other day. Tried to unplug it, reset and even reloading the firmware from a usb stick (the old way).
Got it working for a day and then it started over again when I restarted them the next day.

Turns out I'm an idiot. I thought that the forever blinking light for bluetooth was because it wasn't correctly connected. I'd accidentally pushed the sound off button on the remote, the one with a symbol with the speaker and a cross, in the middle of the volume up and down. 

Just telling to perhaps help other idiots like me :), if the led is blinking you'll never get any sound cause it means you've turned the sound off.  

31 minutes ago, Spot77 said:

Tried to rollback to previous version but update would not work. I however redid the 2 step firmware update to the latest firmware and while it said i already have the updated version, it suddenly worked after that. 

the  FW files  posted online   were   most likely corrupt   ,   the 2nd time around , the files you downloaded  seem to be  100 %  , must be klipsch fixed the files online

• 3 weeks later...

Same issues.. I typically use USB and Optical which were fine until I took the speakers to my backyard and connected to bluetooth.   Reconnecting to Optical had no sound, USB worked for one day and then no sources worked.  I uninstalled and re-installed the app, tried factory reset but nothing.   Unplugging and re-plugging the power cable actually allowed it to reconnect to optical.  Sheesh.

Edited by Arun
grammar

• 2 weeks later...

I had exactly the same issue about a year ago or so with the previous firmware update. But a few months ago the issue was fixed with the Connect app update. So, I was a bit worried to proceed with the latest update and I was right - after the update, the speakers don't work properly. Even after the successful first pairing - they won't work after you turn off and on the speakers again. If someone is considering the update - please, wait.

It's because of the stupid app!

My solution is: connect to the app to setup everything: EQ, Placement, etc.... Then remove the speaker from the app and delete the app! If you use bluetooth input, delete the speaker from your phone bluetooth setting and pair it again as a normal bluetooth speaker. Then unplug the power cable and replug, enjoy and forget about the app. It doesn't really matter if you turn on the auto-power or not as long as you don't use the stupit app! The absolutely worked for me. 

22 hours ago, wind1084 said:

It's because of the stupid app!

My solution is: connect to the app to setup everything: EQ, Placement, etc.... Then remove the speaker from the app and delete the app! If you use bluetooth input, delete the speaker from your phone bluetooth setting and pair it again as a normal bluetooth speaker. Then unplug the power cable and replug, enjoy and forget about the app. It doesn't really matter if you turn on the auto-power or not as long as you don't use the stupit app! The absolutely worked for me. 

Thank you for the suggestion. Actually, I fixed it with the help of a Reddit user - he sent me an experimental firmware version he got from Klipsch support. After the USB installation, the issue was fixed. After the update, I see MCU Firmware Version is 06.01.03 after the broken update the version was 6.0.11.

On 8/23/2023 at 6:42 PM, Denis said:

Thank you for the suggestion. Actually, I fixed it with the help of a Reddit user - he sent me an experimental firmware version he got from Klipsch support. After the USB installation, the issue was fixed. After the update, I see MCU Firmware Version is 06.01.03 after the broken update the version was 6.0.11.

Found the Reddit post. Problem soved. Thanks. 

Edited by wind1084

4 hours ago, wind1084 said:

Found the Reddit post. Problem soved. Thanks. 

Awesome, happy to hear that.

Also, I got the response from support:

An update has recently been pushed to the Fives to resolve this issue.   It appears that you do have the correct up to date firmware -- but please uninstall and reinstall the app (if you haven't already) to try to force the update.  To check for the update, please connect the Fives to your smartphone and open the Connect app.  You'll then want to check for the update in the app's settings page.  You will see it available there, or possibly on the home screen of the app.  If you do not see an update available, first check to see if your Fives are already at version 1.6.12.  If not, please uninstall and reinstall the Connect app and try again.  It may take a few days while we're rolling out this update for the update to appear.

Edited by Denis
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 1:23 PM, MushK said:

I'm stuck at 1.6.9 and uninstalling/reinstalling the app doesn't make 1.6.12 appear.

Can't use my bloody speakers so thinking of returning them, it's such a shame. 

I am not aware of the community rules that allow posting external links - but I'll try. Check my post on Reddit, I hope it will help.

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue here after installing recent firmware that became available in I believe August.

After auto wake up they will not play sound from any source unless I unplug them from the wall, and plug back in. 

Had originally updated to the EQ firmware (with the USB, and then the app) just fine when I got the speakers last year. 

Sent in a support ticket and will see what they say. 

59 minutes ago, demare27 said:

Same issue here after installing recent firmware that became available in I believe August

Sent in a support ticket and will see what they say. 

try to roll back  the Firmware to an earlier  revision  if you have the files on  a USB stick

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ie2vdn3roq4175b/Fives-5.8.0-20210611.zip?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 4:39 PM, Arun said:

Same issues.. I typically use USB and Optical which were fine until I took the speakers to my backyard and connected to bluetooth.   Reconnecting to Optical had no sound, USB worked for one day and then no sources worked.  I uninstalled and re-installed the app, tried factory reset but nothing.   Unplugging and re-plugging the power cable actually allowed it to reconnect to optical.  Sheesh.

Do you found a solution?  In my case, since bought them, never had a any problems, but last week power on as  usual, and notice to don't have any sound on any source,  I tried to desintall the app, etc, but the problem persist , I don´t  find any solution.