Just had to poke some more fun here...

----------------

On 1/7/2003 1:06:36 PM skonopa wrote:

I am curious how they managed to get her out of the car that was lodged between the dock and the boat!

----------------

I just looked a little closer to that picture and it may have not been her fault. Look over her left shoulder. There's a brown-gold looking car with front end damage after looking at it's hood. And looking at the parking barrier the white four-door went over she may have been rear-ended.

Don't ask me to explain the Beemer 740.

I just looked a little closer to that picture and it may have not been her fault. Look over her left shoulder. There's a brown-gold looking car with front end damage after looking at it's hood. And looking at the parking barrier the white four-door went over she may have been rear-ended.

I don't know. I don't see any damage on the rear end of that car that looks like it has been rear-ended - it would have to have taken one hell of a hit to move a car that far. It looks like that car in the backround is just missing a hood. I would be willing to bet that the person thought she had it in reverse and went to gun it. When she lurched forward, she probably paniced and instead of stomping the brakes, she stomped the gas and ended up in that precarious situation. I have actually seen something like that happened, except the car went through a store front at a strip mall (that store front happened to be an H&R block my mother worked at and it was her desk the car ended up on!)

Does anyone remember the infamous "unintended acceleration" campaign against Audi a few years back? People swore up and down that the car suddenly became "posessed", and when the poor unfortunate driver went to stop, the car would suddently and viciously accelerate like a demon, and the harder the driver pushed on the "brake" pedal the more furiously the car would accelerate. Some truly tragic accidents happened - one Mom (Mrs. Bradosky) killed her young son by backing through the garage door and over him; she along with 60 Minutes were the instigators of the witch hunt that almost killed Audi. Any attempt by anyone to suggest that perhaps the driver had pressed on the *GAS* pedal rather than the *BRAKE* pedal was met with distain, ridicule and the suggestion the person making this suggestion was an uncaring, corporate flake who was out to protect the Company at the expense of the poor, innocent victims of these evil, posessed cars.

I heard about the unintended acceleration from a goldsmith acquaintance in Amherst, NH. He owned an Audi and hit the back of his garage wall. No damage. I remember thinking that this behavior was not possible. Only later, did I learn about the lawsuits (I think I may have been the one to tell him about it, since I was a daily reader of the Wall St. Journal at the time.) I do remember Audi losing some lawsuits and making some changes to the car. (Do not remember the stereo system or how it sounded.)2.gif