Just had to poke some more fun here...

I've been in the autobody business for 21 years !!!

The stories i could tell would make you shake your heads.

i've lost count of the number of - backing out of the garage with the door open , backing out of the garage with the garage door half open or not at all , forgot to put the car in park , never looked while i was merging etc etc.

I'm going to start walking, i think it's safer. lol 9.gif

R.I. Woman Buried in Beloved Car

By JANET KERLIN, Copyright 1998 The Associated Press.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Three decades after Ralph Nader portrayed the Corvair as a casket on wheels in his book ``Unsafe at Any Speed,' 84-year-old Rose Martin was laid to rest in her beloved 1962 model.

``She pre-arranged with us, and this was her wish. It was very well known throughout Tiverton that she wanted this,' said Robert Ferreira, a director of the Oliveira Funeral Home in Fall River, Mass.

The widow and mother of three, who died Saturday, drove the flat-looking rear- engine white car around the town of Tiverton, population 14,000, for 36 years.

She just loved the car. She didn't care what it cost to fix the car. If the car was broken, she wasn't one to ask you how much. Just fix it,' recalled Tiverton Auto Body owner George Murray.

Mourners at her burial at Pocasset Hill Cemetery both wiped tears and grinned as six police officers acting as pallbearers slid the inlaid wood coffin into an opening in the rear of the Corvair, which had been altered to accommodate the casket.

The car was then lowered into the ground with a crane. It took up four burial plots. An old handicapped license plate, held with a rubber band on the visor, was removed and handed to her relatives.

What the hell happened to captian kirk ??

now growing up in treky land , old kirk boy was pretty cool although he did do that green b@#ch. Macho !! no doudt about it, but now all this comedy stuff just doesnt cut it with me. I just don't find him funny.

Not to mention all the dumb comercials he's been doing, oh well maybe he needs the cash , i don't know.

That's one end of the spectrum, BBB, but my favorite is "Millionaire oil heiress Sandra Ilene West was buried 19 years ago in her lace negligee behind the wheel of her powder-blue 1964 Ferrari in a funeral that included a yellow crane to lift the crate containing her and her car and lower it nine fee into the ground, two cement trucks, a construction crew and coast-to-coast headlines. She stipulated the burial arrangements, down to having the car seat "set in a comfortable position," refusing to pass on a single cent of her inheritance unless her instructions were followed to the letter." The cement trucks were the idea of the cemetary who didn't want people digging up the site for spare parts.

A relative of the heiress with the baby-blue sports carsket, Tommy Scott West, celebrated his 50th Birthday in our old restaurant... he was a regular who liked the gourmet original recipes in his belly... and original horn loaded Klipsch sounds in his ears... definitely a man of taste... especially when it came to his doubles tennis partner, Farrah Fawcett in her prime!

Three Texas towns are named after Tommie's dad... and Tommies daughter, Tiffany, was given so much Tiffany stock as a six year old that Tiffany's in New York gave her a special tour of their 5th Ave. anchor store. When asked by the manager how she liked the store, little Tiffany said, "It's alright, but it would be nice to have more things for children." -HornEd