Klipsch CBR Speakers. Old with Original Boxes.

JustJeffrey25

Hi Guys, 

My father recently retired from a company that is going out of business and during the demo of the office space we came across two big Klipsch boxes. We believe they stayed behind because there was writing on the boxes that appeared to say "Blown" but after looking closer someone wrote "Blow Me!" on the boxes! Hahahah. 

The speakers are not blown. They are both immaculate and they sound great. A bonus is that they are both are in the original Klipsch branded boxes!!! I do not think they have seen the light in well over 30 years. 

I am wondering what a consecutive serialized pair of Birch Speaker cased CBR's are worth these days? I dont want to abuse them and I'd like to use them for a newish home theater system as opposed to letting my kids plug their Dj equipment into them. CBR 29W315 and CBR 29W316. 

Thanks fellas!!!

On 10/28/2022 at 2:11 PM, wuzzzer said:

This link will help you decode when they were made and what CBR stands for:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/161759-klipsch-heritage-codes/

With the original boxes, all drivers working and in excellent condition I’d put their value at $1500-2000.

Thank you so much, Wuzzzer!! That is an amazing index. Im stunned at how much of a following this brand has. Its a whole different world to me so far.