Help..... speakers sound so dry

i have recently upgraded from 2.1s to the 4.1s but i am finding these speakers to be very dry, they sound fine but the highs just fail to impress me, could it be due to the fact that they are new, is there any chance that the highs increase proportionally in the future?. The highs sound held back, the previous system stands out with its crystal clear highs..... which are not there in this system. Should i wait and see if it improves with use or should i contact the dealer?.

OK, the system has started to sound better or i think i am used to it now.... the other systems also sound similar, but they are only 2.1s. One of the things that i just noticed are that the treble on the system increases as i turn the surround knob. As the power is shifted to the rears the treble increases, i.e; the rears naturally have slightly more treble than the fronts. Is there anything wrong with the surround knob?. Plus the system makes a high pitch hissing noise from all the speakers when it is placed idle, the front right makes the most noise, it seems like the volume is maxed out on this speaker even when the system is idle. Besides the hissing problem, the system sounds fine now after using it for a couple of days but i don't expect a $250 speaker system to hiss...... what could be the possible reasons?.

Oh my God, the speakers have started to ROCK now........ the sound is so amazing, i can't believe it. The problem was with my windows XP, i never thought changing the speaker setup from the control panel would make such a difference. It was set to "desktop stereo speakers" by default, i changed it to "quadrophonic speakers" and the sound is back to life now....... it has made so much difference that i am totally blown away. However, one issue is yet to be addressed, the front right speaker is making above average hissing sound....... which I definately don't expect after spending $250 on PC speakers..... i am using these speakers (bought from Florida) in Pakistan and i don't think i will be able to send them back. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make this hissing go away, i have just untied and scattered the speaker cables and it has made some difference in the overall sound quality and hissing has slightly been reduced on all 4 channels....... should i tear apart the cables so that i have a separate cable for each channel, would it make any further difference in quality?. Anyways the hissing on the front right speaker is yet to be fixed...... so any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...