Avantgarde, PWK, Stereophile

justin_tx_16

Pretty much all of us have seen the amazing specs of Avantgarde's new sub. 106+dB sensitivity for instance.

Stereophile openly "doubted" (may be a strong word) the specs so they went out to Avantgarde's new shop on 24th street in New York. I have not read the article yet but it does show a picture of the two infamous designers standing next to it. Not NEARLY as big as they had us thinking...

Turn about 6 Pages and Paul Wilbur Klipsch is in big bold script! Pictures later

You'd think, from reading S'phile, that Avante Garde (sp?) was the first company on the planet to successfully implement horns in a non-commercial loudspeaker system.

S'phile is rapidly becoming an absurdist joke. Thank goodness for "industry update" and the music section. Jon Iverson IS good, and so is Barry Willis.

think i may have my subscription switched over to SGHT.

They look about the size I envisioned. It does seem that only four of the bass modules are shown. The photo on the AG website has six of them. Width does seem to be around six feet or so, which is about what I imagined. Don't think SVS are anywhere near this size.

P.S. In regards to their "specs", or that of any other speaker, you can't determine sound quality from "specs".