XILICA RCA Interconnects

Westerml

Anyone have any decent IC recommendation I can cut one end off for use with the XILICA phoenix connector? My amps are single ended. Input may be RCA or balanced depending on my set up. Could do some simple soldering if the best way to go with a good wire/connector recommendations. Thanks, Mike

So you are going from the phoenix output to an RCA? I think I personally would just build my own...but if you want an RCA with all 3 wires(2 + shield) these will suffice:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=4777 

just lop off the XLR.

They do sell just the connectors and wire if you want to make your own.

Do yourself a solid and put ferrules on the bare wires going into the phoenix connector.

The output of the Xilica is just an impedance balanced output. Meaning there is no active signal on the minus output, just a balanced impedance to ground. So there is no issue(or at least there should not be) to just connect the minus wire to the shield of the RCA connector. This is how the Monoprice cables are constructed.

Thanks everyone for some ideas. @grendel23 I do not have xlr’s on my XILICA but just small plastic connectors I think are called “phoenix connectors” but I could be wrong. @babadono I will be making my own and appreciate the ferrules idea for the bare wires. The guy who had this before me had no cover on the bare wires. Can’t imagine they did not touch/short at any given time. Interesting the XILICA is an impedance balanced output. Good to know. Prior owner also used mono price cables and most likely received guidance from the forum. Is the mono price cable on par with a good Belden, etc.?

Thanks guys..

re. the Monoprice cable. I was leery when first using them. Their tech support could not give me any answer on how they were wired, and IT DOES MATTER. They also had no specs on capacitance etc. So I went ahead anyway. measured the capacitance myself and they are nominal with other cables, belden etc. And the RCA to XLR cables are wired the correct way for lowest possible hum. The Monoprice cables like the one I linked are quite thick and very flexible. Actually nice quality for the price.

• Thanks 1