What's with the Funny Business?

justin_tx_16

I have redone my room once again. Here is the not to scale diagram

roomsetup.gif

Not the best I agree. Forgot to plot the 2.1's.3.gif

Here is where the monkeys get involved. About 2 years ago my brother went to Micheal Jackson's mansion and...

Ok, not really, Bubbles has nothing to do with this.

As you can guess, being the gadget freak I am and what have you, I have TONS of electronics in my room. All on two outlets outputted through two BELKIN surge protectors I have connected

2 computers (350 watt and 450 watt power supplies)

2 monitors (22" MITS and 15" LCD)

ProMedia 2.1 and 5.1

Epson Stylus C60

Epson Perfection Scanner

Eclipse Computer Light

Sony 21" TV

Motorolla Digital Cable Receiver

Toshiba 5 Disc DVD/CD Player

Harman Kardon 430

Panasonic 2.4 Ghz phone

USB 2.0 Hub

Toshiba Cable Modem PCX2500

LinkSys 4 Port router

Ok. So I am playing music the other day and distortion is like 100%. It sound terrible. I finally get it to sounding good but have to have it turned up loud, this is with the Heresy's and the HK430. My ProMedia psuedo 7.2 setup has no problems. If i turn on the Eclipse light it makes my speakers (including the promedia's) pop till it is fully on.

Today the right channel disappeared. I thought that was really weird, checked the fuse, no problems... turned on the light to get a better look at the wiring and the right channel pops back on The right channel had been dead even with the headphones.

SO I still have hiss like a sssssssssssssssssssnake. I am intelligentally thinking that it is coming from the other electronics, let me know if i am off here.

i just had another power line broght into my room, or another line of power rather. i am going to see if that does anything once it is finished tomorrow.

but someone explain the light thing! LoL!

I have similar problems... not with distortion, but with gadgets and no place to plug them... I am running my comp (don't know what watt PS-its an HP, so it really doesn;t matter, it will always be bad...), HP printer/scanner, PM5.1's, cordless phone, portable cd player, LCD monitor, Onkyo TX-SR500, Sony 5-disc changer, sub, PS2, alarm clock, soldering iron (not all the time), N64, TV... and that;s all I can think of right now.

Not exactly sure what the Eclipse computer light is (a desk lamp? Sorry, but I'm clueless here), but is it florescent/halogen/incidescent?

My ceiling fan has four florescent bulbs that pop through the Cornwalls when turned on (also pops when selecting a fan speed), even though my audio system is connected through a Monster Power HTS5000 line conditioner. I don't know why this occures, but I wonder if it's the same situation when your light comes on...Because everything in your room is on one line now, maybe the second line will eliminate this.

The hiss you hear may be coming from one of your components...I had a Carver M-400t 201 WPC "cube" amp powering a 15" home-made subwoofer that produced a buzz through my Cornwalls...I replaced the Carver with an old SAE A205 200 WPC amp, and the buzz was gone (I think the Carver's Magnetic Field Coil had something to do with it)!

Good luck finding a cure for your woes...7.gif

the hiss remains... go down stairs and no hiss. so i guess there is nothing to do but see if some RFI/EMI clips will help.

ok. it gets fun again.

The Dixie Chicks - Home is the CD that I noticed the distortion first. I was just about to post that it is just a faulty CD, that is because I put in Faith Hill - Cry and crystal clear sound.

I had just turned on the TV. So it seems that something MUST be wrong with something somewhere so that when i turn on a light or a tv that is on the same line, it fixes or creates a problem.

Some one please explain this to me. It makes NO sense! I am listening to Landslide by the Dixie Chicks right now and it sounds wonderful.

The hiss is still there like I wrote, but it is VERY low. Lower than before.

The TV is still on right now, just shows the TOSHIBA DVD Welcom Screen and that I am playing a CD.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

The Eclipse Computer Light.

openanim.gif

http://www.onetech.net/

If you are on a computer a lot, get one of these, they really do work! Especially if you wear contacts, like me.

Right now I have mine where it shoots against (reflects onto) my drapes that cover my window, which are very Ernest Hemmingway... Anywho, woke up and saw the bright white sun appearing through the crack in the draperies... AHHH! It was 4:00 PM and I had slept through school AND work! Put on my glasses and saw it was 4:00 AM and that I had left my Eclipse light on over night... wow, what a way to wake up in the morning! My heart was racing.

By the way, with the new line brought in I get no popping with the Eclipse light.

Damn nice light...I'll have to check that out!

The new line installed in your room may have helped eliminate some of your RFI/EMI noise...I wonder if static electricity could be the culprit to your woes, or other appliances in your house. Naw, you have several line conditioners...How strange all these intermittent problems that come and go. I don't get it either! Wish I could help you out...8.gif

Stupidity Rains (misspellll intindead)

Ok. I made new speaker cables today. Monster Cable XP (all they sale I want to spend, only $13.99 for 20 feet). I got black heat shrink in two sizes. Medium and Large. Hard to explain how it came out but it looks awesome. I feel like scanning my masterpeice. It looks like something you would spend $60 yd for LoL!

But that is not where the stupidity started to rain, or pour if we extend the pun.

i rewired the left speaker, placing it onto the floor face down since that is the easiest way. then i did the right speaker and connected them with the RadioShack gold pins I put on the end of the wires that go into the receiver.

I started to play Sports Night Season 6 Episode 3. No left channel!!!

I pull the fuses, I shut it down, i turn on all the lights, turn them off, the tv the dvd, the computer... EVERYTHING.

then i go to the left channel speaker and turn it up so that it is not facing into the floor...

where did my parents go wrong? LoL!

Fixed fixed fixed.

got a UPS with power cleaner (emi/rfi filter), gets rid of power highs and lows, stops surges and won't leave me without power just enough time to turn everything off during a storm. and has 4 outlets for the tv, dvd, amp, digitalcable. works great!

i also made new speaker wires which I feel are picture posting worthy haha.