Veneer gouges/splits in new heritage speakers?

cold_pillow

I picked up new Heresy IVs from an authorized dealer last week. The veneer on my speakers has several splits or gouges that are about 1" long on most sides of the speakers. These are not b-stock. The image below is from 1 speaker; the other speaker has similar, but fewer veneer issues. Is this expected or should it be considered a defect? 

These speakers represent a significant, but worthwhile, expense for me. I'm planning to keep these speakers for a very long time, but part of me is kind of disappointed that there are gouges all over my new speakers. 

Thanks!

Heresy Veneer Splits.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 2:37 PM, cold_pillow said:

I picked up new Heresy IVs from an authorized dealer last week. The veneer on my speakers has several splits or gouges that are about 1" long on most sides of the speakers. These are not b-stock. The image below is from 1 speaker; the other speaker has similar, but fewer veneer issues. Is this expected or should it be considered a defect? 

These speakers represent a significant, but worthwhile, expense for me. I'm planning to keep these speakers for a very long time, but part of me is kind of disappointed that there are gouges all over my new speakers. 

Thanks!

Heresy Veneer Splits.jpg

What finish?  If distressed oak, that may be normal.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ratty said:

No picture.  But they did cheapen the looks of a lot of the Heritage series.  From the Klipschorn down to the Fortes.

I can’t figure out what this post is in reference to. I think this is the second or third time I have seen the almost exact verbiage posted by you across two or three threads. 

What’s up?

• Haha 1