New Klipsch Subwoofers ?

Quadraphonic

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

That would have been a much better choice.

Well, you’re not the first person to scoff at a 4 speaker stereo but I am pretty immune to that criticism.  
I have enjoyed a 4 speaker stereo for many years in several machinations.

Audiophiles speak of the sweet spot between the speakers as to having a sound stage, pinpointing the instruments.  I find the music listening experience equally enjoyable without that effect.

We were all robbed by the music industry when they had the opportunity to embrace quadraphonic sound and trashed it.

When I get this set up... come have a listen.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 1:03 PM, babadono said:

Efficiency? If you mean sensitivity, then yes subwoofers sometimes have sensitivity ratings.

Yes, passive subs have a sensitivity rating but very few subs are passive. The sensitivity of your average sub is irrelevant since the amp is built in

On 2/22/2023 at 12:57 PM, wuzzzer said:

I’ve always been of the opinion that any subwoofer you’re using should have a woofer that’s at least as big as the woofer in your main speakers.

Overwhelmingly I agree but I own a set of Castle Knight speakers with 5" woofers hooked up to an M-Audio AV32.1 sub with a 5 1/2" subwoofer (although they claim it's a 6 1/2" driver) and the added bass from that little sub is substantial because the Castle's don't sound like they go much lower than ~60hz