OK, once and for all, KSP400 vs. KLF30 (plus sub) for movies and rock music

bigsexy1

I agree,you need to judge for yourself. I have never listened to any KSP's,but have had my KLF30's since last June. The only way I would replace them,would be for some Heritage. I LOVE the 30's!! For movies AND music,they rock! I am getting so much bass out of them,I don't need my subs on to shake home!

I have had both, and still own the 30's , although they will be on e-bay soon. The 400's sound refined and have a really good bass section. If they were your only speakers, you would be very happy. The KLF's sound more like the heritage series. They don't quite have the presence of my LaScala's, much more similar to the Cornwalls(yes, I have Cornwall II's also). I prefer the sound of the Heritage. For those who prefer the sound of the RF series, the 400's would be their choice. You have a difficult decision to make so let your ears be your guide.

I personally prefer the sound of the Synergy Premiere's. No tubes required to get rid of that forward midrange. They work well with SS equipment and you don't have to constantly complain about SS equipment sounding grainy and bright on your overly forward speakers. They work very, very well with the modern multi-channel audio formats also. A good word here would be 'synergy'. If you decide the to sell the 400's and live in the south, let me know.

Keith