First Heritage speakers

Cambo5159

5 hours ago, Cambo5159 said:

Well, it’s a Tiki Room. And it’s adjacent to our kitchen. So we have cocktail parties where everyone hangs out in both the kitchen and the Tiki Room. So the music has to carry outside of the Tiki Room when we entertain. 

The forte 1's are great speakers I'd say go for it unless you have the extra cash for the IV's they can be had at discount for $3750 a pair if you don't mind "B" stock. 

• Like 1

Quartet's for $850 all day.  Spend the money you save on tubes.  I use a vintage Sansui 5000X receiver as an amplifier and also it has pre outs for my Dynaco ST70.  If your Marantz is in good shape you'll have no issues.  Quartets also have a high WAF (wife acceptance factor) as they're beautiful speakers.  Mine are Oiled Oak. 

On 4/11/2023 at 3:24 AM, Bananas and Blow said:

I own the Heresy IV and the Forte IV and in a 12X 12 room I would prefer the Heresy. The Heresy IV has great tight punchy bass. In your relatively small room you will get musical bass. It would be easy for the Forte to overpower that size room with bass. Hersey is the smallest of the bunch but it is in the same category of refinement as the rest of the lineup. You can get the Heresy deep by placing it close to the back wall. Do that with the Forte and the bass will floor you which is cool. But something you might want to listen to for very long. I keep my Fortes about 28 inches from the back wall to balance the bass is a much larger room.

This depends on personal taste on bass. If you like to shake the walls, go Fortes. If you like a balanced lighter bass do the Heresy. I love these speakers both equally. So much fun to listen to. 

Hey I know you from Steve Hoffman Forums! I believe I was the first guy to recommend the Klipcsh Heritage line in your thread for your search for new speakers! Welcome!

• Like 2