Does bass response vary on different sound cards? or is the 2.1 sub louder than the 4.1 sub?

Hello,

I have this PM4.1 but i always get the feeling that it should pump out more bass than how much it does, there is a lot of air coming out of the port but the bass isn't just loud enough for my taste ( SB Live! Player 5.1 ). I can feel lots of air passing near my legs but i don't feel it in the heart as i used to with my previous PM2.1 ( Creative PCI 128 ). My friend has the PM2.1 and is using the same built-in sound card ( PCI 128 ), i have noted that at times that system puts out more punchy bass than my sub. Any comments?

nopes, it didn't help much. Does anybody here know how would the input voltage affect the system's performance. For example, if i run my 120 Volt system on 110 Volts, would the performance be noticably degraded, one of my friends is using a 127 Volt stabilizer for his 120 Volt 2.1 system and it ROCKS, it ROCKS more than my 4.1s........ :(

I find it hard to believe that placement is exactly the same. and even if it is basicaly the same set up, every room is differen't, unless you have the same exact houses, and the same exact desk and sit the same distance from the computer. try moving it around a little bit, because the 4.1 should kill the 2.1 sub. age doesn't effect subwoofers much, if at all, after the break in period.

No we don't live in the same house but we do live in a hostel with 120 IDENTICAL rooms, the furniture is also exactly the same and the setting of the rooms is also EXACTLY the same. Even the placement of the systems is the same....... Both of us are using Win2K and the same software for playing MP3s (with the same equalizer setting). Should i consider my system to be the "not so good" one 8.gif . By the way i am stuck with this system as it was brought from the US and i am using it in Pakistan, so i can't even ship it back. I didn't expect such differences in quality from Klipsch 8.gif . I am really disappointed as i waited 6 months for this system to finally arrive at my house (after my relatives bought it). This is a very BIG disappointment for me as i expected so much out of this purchase and y shouldn't i, i spend 17,000 rupees on PC speakers. I really love the sound when they sound right but i really really hate the fact that more than half the systems out there are faulty. My previous set (2.1s) managed to blow a mid-range driver after 6 months of use, another friend bought the PM4.1s from Pakistan ( for 18,000 rupees ) it had a "not so good sub", the amp got fried after 2 months, he is yet to recieve a good response from the dealer. My new system doesn't even sound as nice as my previous 2.1s or my friends 2.1s 8.gif . Maybe next time Klipsch will be the last thing on my list while shopping for PC speakers.