Possible Legacy Klipsch Set-Up. Thoughts?

Yeats

I'm building a 5.2 theater for a smallish living room (approx 15x20) and I have the mains already, a mint pair of Forte Is. For the set-up, I want to use an Onkyo RZ50 because it's affordable, Dirac is great, it has phono and analog video inputs if I want to add a D-VHS. What I'm thinking is having SVS SB-3000s (or HSU ULS 15s) on either side of the couch with Heresy IIIs placed on top of them and a Heresy III for the center raised up a bit to match the auditory sightline of the Forte's with the TV mounted on the wall. Do I even need to raise the center if it remains on the upward projecting riser? Does this seem like a reasonable timbre matching set-up or should I have a Forte in the center as well? I'd like to have the Heresy's on top of the subs for space conservation. Otherwise, stuff has to go behind the couch and that gets into complications with power cords.

• Like 1

I used a Heresy II as a center with first original Forte and later KLF-30.  The Heresy III should work very well.  Getting the Heresy horn height as close to the ones on the Forte would be a good idea, although in my setup I couldn't do that and it was fine. 

If the Heresy center has the angled riser I would just leave it on the floor.

The only issue with putting your subs like you’re describing is what if that’s the worst location in your room for them as far as bass output?

Thanks, Wuzzer. If having the subs on either side of the couch doesn't work out, I may have some reconfiguring to do. I'm really just crossing my fingers on this because having two subs like the PB-3000s, should create more than enough oomph to pressurize the room. Hope I'm right. And than you for your input!

• Like 1

Thank you, MMurg. I was pretty concerned about whether or not I'd be able to keep the Heresy on the floor in the Center position or if I'd need to wait to find a single Forte and have to raise the TV. ANd who knows how long that find would take?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yeats said:

Thank you, MMurg. I was pretty concerned about whether or not I'd be able to keep the Heresy on the floor in the Center position or if I'd need to wait to find a single Forte and have to raise the TV. ANd who knows how long that find would take?

Mine was slightly elevated in a piece of "home theater" furniture purchased in the days when I thought I'd probably never have a bigger TV than the monstrously heavy 37" CRT TV we had in this.  🙂  Here's a picture with the KLF-30s.  (The books under the TV in the picture were there to keep the cat from getting behind the TV by squeezing in at the corners.)

P1010475 (Medium).JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1