Klipsch The Nines problems

Hello need help!! 

I purchased the Nines 2 weeks ago and the first day I used them I went to update them and ever since they are jammed. 

I have been working with Klipsch to unlock them but the 2 DSP upgrades don't work so far 

I cannot change inputs, use the remote to factory reset etc... I can detect Bluetooth but cannot get on anymore. Seems like they are brick walled! 

Anybody have issues similar to this with this series of Fives, Sevens or Nines! 

Anything would be helpful at this point . Other than that they are paper weights! 

Edited by Malcolm MacPhee

I have the exact same thing, updated to the latest and bricked ever since.  cant change inputs, remote does not function, tried multiple times to update via usb and nothing.  Just starts up and goes to BT with no other functions.  20 messages back and forth with Klipsch support and still no resolution.  (they only respond to one email per day if you are lucky), very frustrating.  

• 4 weeks later...

Same thing here. They sent me out a replacment set and when I got them they didn't need updated I don't know if they preloaded the latest firmware for me or if they locked out firmware updates.

I'll have to see what version I have and compare them.

This is my fourth set of the nines...first set remote didn't work unless it was within a foot of the sensor, second set had terrible static from the one tweeter, third set bricked during latest firmware update, and the replacment set the dummy speaker had that same static from the tweeter. So I ended up keeping my dummy and just swapping the powered one.

I'm honestly very surprised at all the problems and am scared to death what's going to happen next.. 

Two weeks old and you have a problem that is not easily and immediately remedied?  Return them...  plain and simple.  Take them back.

If you're inclined to try another pair, then do so.  But I wouldn't waste more than a few minutes trying to make this pair work.  This is Klipsch's problem to deal with, it shouldn't be yours.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Josh01 said:

I have just purchased the nines and set them up. I have them connected to my tv through the arc. When I turn off the speakers there is a pop that happens. Is this normal? Is there something I can do to make it stop? 

rough guess here ,  it could be interference or static  , shut the TV 1st , wait a few seconds  , then shut the speakers , does it change anything ,

23 minutes ago, OO1 said:

rough guess here ,  it could be interference or static  , shut the TV 1st , wait a few seconds  , then shut the speakers , does it change anything ,

I have disconnected them from the tv, reset the speakers and still the same pop, thanks for the try.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2023 at 12:32 AM, Josh01 said:

I have just purchased the nines and set them up. I have them connected to my tv through the arc. When I turn off the speakers there is a pop that happens. Is this normal? Is there something I can do to make it stop? 

Hi.  I have exactly the same problem with the new Klipsch the Nines set.  Did you manage to solve this problem somehow?  Please help

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a pair of Nines with no sound. If anyone knows where to find a repair manual or just schematics, I would be very grateful.

These were bought as Refurbs. When they went down after a day I was refunded and told to dispose of them. Seems silly to get rid of brand new speakers. I may even add binding posts and use them with an external amp until someone comes up with schematics or a troubleshooting guide.

Maybe I should start a Nines repair thread.