2 Klipschhorns For Sale Pickup Only In Northwest Arkansas

Eureka Springs

I bought these together some years back from a fellow who said he had them restored in Hope. Said one was made in the mid to late 1950's, the other in early '60's. There was damage to one from an accident while moving. Nothing whatsoever effecting quality of performance. Once I had them in place in my home I never stopped listening enough to have the mostly invisible wounds addressed. 3500 for both. Pickup 5 country miles outside of Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Cash only.

'56.jpg

60s.jpg

Pair Front.jpg

IMG_7430.jpg

IMG_7431.jpg

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7434.jpg

IMG_7435.jpg

IMG_7436.jpg

IMG_7437.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

IMG_7439.jpg

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

IMG_7445.jpg

Edited by Eureka Springs
Poor proof reading
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eureka Springs said:

I bought these together some years back from a fellow who said he had them restored in Hope. Said one was made in the mid to late 1950's, the other in early '60's.  

both khorns you have for sale have been modified  with newer top hats /   badges /fabric /  midrange horns / midrange drivers /tweeters , the crossovers are aftermarket  , 1 of the 2   k-400 midrange horn may be the only original part in the 60's khorn   , both bass bins are original 

Interesting. The fellow would have only allowed the folks in Hope to do things by their recommendation and their hand. He would have only taken them and picked up himself. To do otherwise would have been sacrilege. Though not tech types personally we both grew up in Klipsch filled homes mere counties from the Hope mothership from childhood throughout all of our adult lives. I still have a pair of Heresys purchased by an Uncle in late 70's, both woofers scratched out by kittens 10 years later, now with thirty five more years those half woofers and the rest of the bones relay more delicacy and soul than any pair of Heresys I've owned or heard since. Maybe it's nothing but the wood in these old Horns, and time, but I would know they were Klipsch if nothing but A.M. radio snow were playing through them on the other side of a large house. These Horns are Klipsch soul. Soul so big even when Etta James whispers in this club you would swear she lives on inside that 1960's bin, meanwhile these Horns are giving you the kind stage without moving you can place yourself all over the club. Early 80's La Scalas almost match the Horns on this one, but not quite.

• Like 1

From the pics, the only part that isn't Klipsch looks to be the crossovers. They are definitely 3rd party and still in business.Other than those, Klipsch may have updated them. I'm sure they still sound wonderful.