Hey JM, bids on when m00n goes Heritage...

NOZ

Josh,

I had em side by side for six months. RF-7's are a great speaker, but compared to the La Scalas, are a little lacking in the full range picture. Don't get us wrong, compare the price new and the Las are twice as much, so they better be better...3.gif

Nah, mrs.m00n thinks her hubby hangs the m00n! But, if he did sell the house and buy Q-Man's fully horn-hoaded HT... with just enough left over to pitch a m00n family tent over it... I suppose it would be mrs.moon that would hang m00n instead!

And, frankly, I can't see the m00n beaming about anything less than the best. His company has the right idea... but they just dont realize how much m00n is willing to invest in turning the economy around. Yep, I wonder how long it will take for m00n to say "Bye" as he leaves for work and have his wife says "Sell!"

Really, folks, mrs.m00n sounds like a jewel... let's not conspire to push m00n beyond his WAF horizon! =HornEd

PS: Hmmm, I wonder how many "Forumen" are jealous of just what a wonderful WAF the m00n has?

PS: OK, I guess m00n will go Heritage with his next Christmas bonus at mrs.m00n's suggestion! Man, when you talk about a programmers, how high's the m00n?

Horn, you got some good points. I am only willing to help the economy so far. And as far as Mrs m00n. Hmmmm. Well... Hmmmm... I better leave it at that. Well, I will say, she can be a but of a donkey at times. Meaning a stubborn mule.2.gif

I really think I am going to stick with my planned upgrades, a new center (RF7) and possibly a new receiver (Harman Kardon AVR-8000).

That is if all goes according to plan. Funds could dry up and I may not be able to get the second upgrade for a while.

Not to mention, I fully suspect I will be getting laid off at some point this year. The company I work for seems to be moving a lot of development to India, which is always groovy for our feeble economy.11.gif

The amazing thing is that the number of software engineers that have come over here to find jobs is absolutely amazing! The main reason they come over here is to earn more money. I don't mean it as a complaint against immigration or India... just an economic observation. So, what's in the m00nmind for a new career? 2.gif =HornEd

PS: Hmm, never thought of a Christmas Bonus as a relocation allowance... there must be a ton of jobs in India!

HornEd...

Na, won't be moving to India... No thanks. Really sucks that so many India guys are coming here, taking up our jobs, and at the same time, they are still taking our jobs back in home in India... No offence to the people what so ever. Just makes it hard is all.

I will stick to internet software engineering for now. I still enjoy the work. Kinda funny when you think about it. Here I am, an Internet Software Engineer and my web site looks like junk.

I have a potiential lead on another popular company. I stress potiential. If I got a job there it would be very cool. Right up our ally... Yes that is our, meaning home theater junkies. No, it's not klipsch. 2.gif I don't want to say who it is cuase I don't want to jinx myself, but lets just say they are into high end video.

It's all just a waiting game at this point I suppose.4.gif

Hey, the India trip was supposed to be humor... but if you like Indian food (and I do), you can usually find good Indian restaurants at any urban location that does a lot of software engineering. I put a fair amount of my working life into software oriented firms... of course, I owned the firms so none of our jobs were shipped offshore. But, if you own a labor intensive business today... it's hard to compete with those who get their labor from cheaper markets.

Glad to hear you have your feelers out for new opportunities. It used to be a person landed a job with a good company he could stay there until he retired... but those days are long gone. Now a worker has to think about getting ahead by changing employers... and retirement funding is something that everyone better learn to do on their own.

Sounds like what the m00n family watches in the future will be more than screen goo on K-mart plastic. 2.gif =HornEd

PS: Break a leg! Hold on, m00n, that's a theatrical phrase of good luck... not a wrist reference to a flakey ladder! It's the kind of wish that is supposed to avoid jinxes. In France, people who care wish you merde!

Moon

I see alot of development going to India from my end too. Its kind of too bad, there are a lot of developers out of work here. Most companies I see sending out work to India (to save money) end up re writing most of there code to get it to work properly.

When in India, take a bath in the Ganga river. Just watch out for the floating half burned human corpses.

JM

Negative... I am NOT going to India to work nor to visit. No how, no way. Again I stress, nothing against the people, just a place I would rather not visit. Some of the guys I work with have gone there, they say it's an eye opener.

Ed, I do like Indian food. Well some of it anyway. They have this some kind of Curry Chicken that I just could not get enough of for a while. And as far as my KMart screen, na I think I will be keeping that. The hi end video is not Television sets. Here is a clue, think bigger, I measure my viewing in feet not inches. 2.gif

HornEd, Moon, I'm going to be new to the Klipsch product, and was wondering if you would suggest all Heresy II's (brand new)or the THX speakers for a HT setup? I'm thinking of getting the Denon 5803 for rec. I do have a HT setup now if you wanna call it that (except for dual SVS 1646CS+) still being only pro-logic. Just for giggles, what do the La Scalas go for retail? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanx Chaz

Chaz

Dont ask Moon - He is not Heritage ----- YET!1.gif1.gif

Sorry for the BURN MOON.

The Heresy 2 is a small floorstanding speaker. You can get dims and info off the Klipsch website. They work great in almost any room. The LAS is quite a bit larger and powerfull than the Heresy.

Making a 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 with all Heresys and an SVS would sound a lot better sounding IMHO than the Klipsch THX stuff. New heresys go for $600 each so thay are pricey. Used ones generally go for $400 + - a pair on Ebay and this BBS. If your patient you will find a great deal from time to time. I got a pair of Heresy 2's off Ebay last November for $270 for example.

LAS go used for usually $800 - 1200 a pair, but sometimes you hear of a deal for $500 or so. New, Im guessing $3500, but could be wrong.

Anyhow, welcome to the Forum, lots of great people here. And a all HERITAGE HT is hard to beat IMHO.

JM

----------------

On 1/24/2003 8:08:09 AM j-malotky wrote:

Chaz

Dont ask Moon - He is not Heritage ----- YET!
1.gif1.gif

Sorry for the BURN MOON.

JM

----------------

Ouch man ouch.. Tssszzzzzz Hey damn it? Whats that sizzle? Oh, it's that burn from jm.. You eliteis snob2.gif9.gif (of course I am just joking with ya)

Chaz, JM is right, I don't have any heritage but the folks here that do swear by them. I live in an unfortunite area where there seems to be no heritage to listen to. And go figure, I live in a Portland Or. Not an LA sized city by any means, but still large enough. You would think that somewhere in this horken city I could find a pair to listen to. blah blah blah...

Anyway, if your in no hurry, which you must not be considering you looking at the TXH speakers comeing out sometime later than right now, I would keep my options open. Try to find a pair of Heresy II to listen to. And the Scalas... NOZ swears buy them. He has 3 of them... left, center and right. He is one happy camper.

Chaz... saw your post as I was headed out the door. I will be out of pocket for awhile but thought you deserved a quick reply. Forget about the THX stuff... THX is for suckers and every manufacturer is cashing in on the undeserved popularity of an audio experiment by George Lucas (Star Warts) and now he has sold 80% of THX to a Singapore company who is licensing just about anything to get what they can for the $8 mil they paid for the company.

While I am sure Klipsch will give you a better run for your money than some others... you will note that the Reference line is still the number one line... and will be before, during and after this latest THX fling. BTW, it's the second time around for Klipsch and THX. If you search on some of my old posts using THX as the search criteria, you can find out a whole lot more about why THX does not have a bright future and likely will not bring you the HT joy you deserve.

THX in home use is merely a set of arbitrary "standards" that have now been watered down. Being THX certified is more a function of the manufacturer paying a licensing fee to use the THX name than anything else. Don't just walk, run to a better opportunity like the Klipsch Reference line. Building an HT or music system with six or seven RF-7's will put you way ahead.

Of course, my favorite is the Heritage line. They are all speakers that the old original Klipsch audio engineer, Paul W. Klipsch (PWK), had a hand in designing. They are all "voiced" to PWK's standards, and range from fully horn-loaded beauties like the original Klipschorn that hit the market in 1948 and is still going strong! Heritage speakers are generally take up more room and show more flaws in recordings or electronics leading up to the speaker. But, when you have a Heritage system together, you have something to enjoy for years and years and years.

So, stick your toe in the Heritage waters, that's one place where you can probably get all your money back should you elect to swim in some other audio pond. =HornEd