Quartet mid driver not working

GandL

Hello all, 

have a pair of quartets but 1 has a mid horn that is no longer functioning. It reads as OL on an ohms test but everything physically looks great. 

Where would I find a replacement diaphragm ? Thanks ! 

• Like 1

Please  remove the diaphragm  ,  retest just to make sure   ,the pos /neg terminals leads  are soldered to the voice coil , 1  lead may have split  or the voice coil  is shot . 

Replacement Klipsch part no  # is 127120  or  klipsch part # 127122 for the Titanium  diaphragm  , purchase 2 diaphragms since the 2nd diaphragm may  fail sooner or later   

klipsch USA Customer service ..800-554-7724     https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new           

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GandL said:

Thanks for the info Randy! I pulled it apart and sure enough one of the wires to the terminal was broken. Can this be soldered back together? There isn't much slack to play with at all. 

can you post a picture    tx 

I haven't heard back from klipsch yet.

A few questions...

I went ahead and tried to pull some extra string and was able to re solder it to the terminal. I am reading continuity now, which I wasn't before. 

It is readin 15 ohms ish....is this an appropriate number?

Also when I attach the probes to the terminal i got a little "chatter" through the Voice coil...is this normal? Thanks for the help. 

I have not attached the horn back yet. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GandL said:

A few questions...

I went ahead and tried to pull some extra string and was able to re solder it to the terminal. I am reading continuity now, which I wasn't before. 

It is readin 15 ohms ish....is this an appropriate number?

Also when I attach the probes to the terminal i got a little "chatter" through the Voice coil...is this normal? Thanks for the help. 

I have not attached the horn back yet. 

looks like you were able to repair the broken lead  ,  the driver is 16 Ohms , but typically it should read less ,  take a reading of the 2nd midrange driver , both should match up or be very close ,  and  Yes , when you touch the terminal with the probes , it's normal to hear ' chatter " .

• Like 1