Oil oak

wilkic65

I thought Klipsch speakers were sprayed with lacquer and not an oil finish.

I quit using those can fillers years ago preferring to make my own filler with the same wood sawdust of the product and wood glue. Easy to get right sawdust from a piece of scrap, in this case oak wood, with an electric sander that catches the dust. Mix with glue and apply. No better match that I know of. Not perfect, one can still notice if picky enough but in most cases not noticeable from a reasonable distance. 

2 hours ago, wilkic65 said:

I have a pair of Heresy that I am rebuilding and the wood needs some patch work what do I use to get it as close as I can to oil oak so it blends in 

I had some oak speakers that had chips in the veneer.  Forte's have nice thick veneer.  Get some scrap oak (very little is all that is needed) and cut with a razor into thin pieces that are thicker than the space to be filled.  You may need to soak it. 

Cut the pieces to size but a little thick and glue in place,  then sand down to match the veneer.