Bar 48 update issue

malibuguy79

This is my second bar48.

My first one died, so I bought another because I already had the matching surround speakers.

After about 2weeks the surrounds started crackling.  Another 2 weeks they stopped working.  They powered on and paired just produced no noise.  Also it seemed the center channel seemed louder then the rest regardless of setting.

Today I have the day off so I decided to update it.  Yay the surrounds work and it all sounds well.

But now it doesnt work with my TV remote at all, it was originally automatic for both bars.  It just straight up worked to control volume.

Also only the front facing LEDs work and I have 2 additional ones above the volume level lit up.

8 hours ago, malibuguy79 said:

This is my second bar48.

My first one died, so I bought another because I already had the matching surround speakers.

My suggestion would be to return it to wherever you bought it, if it's not too late. The BAR series had (has?) lots of reliability issues.

Your Surround 3's will work with the newer Cinema series 600, 700, & 800. While these soundbars have also had their issues most have now been resolved. They are a big improvement over the BAR series. What's more, the price of these soundbars has recently been reduced significantly.

The Cinema 700/800 would be a replacement for the BAR 48.