Klipsch Ref iV RF62 Tweeter Help

Renagade

Hi there.

Can someone possibly help me out.

I have just picked up a set of Klipsch Ref Iv RF62 Loudspeakers that has a Blown Tweeter that i saved from being Trashed.

The Speakers and Enclosures are in absolute Pristine Condition.

They Actually Sound Not to bad - Quite an Ambient Bottom end Bass Extension.

I have been Trawling the Net for a Replacement Tweeter Diaphragm and have found this Specific Series of Klipsch Tweeter to be

very difficult to obtain.

I purchased a Set of Aftermarket Diaphragms which were meant to fit - but totally were wrong and after extensive modification i got it running but found it much softer than the other remaining Tweeter.

I've also been in contact with various Speaker repair firms - all who say they also have problems trying to obtain replacement diaphragms.

The Tweeter in Question is a K-152N Model.

I'm at the stage where i am possibly looking at Retrofitting an alternative set of Tweeters in both Enclosures as the Original Klipsch Tweeters don't exactly look like

a quality solid product.

Is there a Diaphragm from another Series that would fit the Magnet and Alignment Assembly of the RF 62 ?

I thought I'd make a post here and see what the general response would be. and possibly if anyone has any Ideas.

Cheers

Ren - Downunder NZ.

On 8/18/2023 at 3:56 PM, Renagade said:

Tweeter K-152N  

there is no diaphragm kit  available  ,but  there is a  tweeter  replacement  available through  klipsch Australia  , call them directly  from NZ 

Hi 001.

Yes - your correct there is no Diaphragm kit available which is a crying shame.

I'm a bit nervous about ordering a Complete Full Spare and finding out that it's not exactly the same as the Existing Working Tweeter.

If Spare Diaphragms were available i would purchase Two - just in case, they were not equal i could replace the Two.

As silly as it sounds - I know, but i have learnt from previous experiences.

With regard to Willand's Reply - I tried Simply Speakers a week back and they said it's a common issue and that they don't have access to replacement diaphragm kits either - Which Frustrates them as well.

In contemplating just retrofitting something else into the Enclosure, as it does seem the originals are not that Reliable anyways.

I have a spare Set of Vifa Tweeters i might look into Mounting.

I'll keep you posted

Cheers

Ren - New Zealand