need advice on Klipsch speaker purchase

vulcan

Wanted to buy some larger Klipsch tower speakers for my stereo set up. Have a 12x18 room. I have been researching

the KLF-20 and they would seem to be what i wanted. I am looking for a little better bass response. I have some Forte 2

now in a smaller room, they sound good there. Looking at the prices now on the KLF speakers are probably out of my budget, max at $1000.

I see most of the KLF-20s for $1500 around here. Are the KLF-20s worth it?

What other lines of the Klipsch tower models would work for me? The KG5.5 and the Epic line speakers look good and can

get a pair of KG5.5 for around $600. The KG5.5 seem to be rated highly. The KLF-10 is also a possibility or keep saving up for the 20s. 

I listen to mainly classic rock. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

KLF20's have lots of bottom end in fact more than I actually prefer but if bass is what you want, they'll deliver. They do have a noticeable amount of box resonance but my friend used something inside the corners like Liquid Nails to bring that resonance down. This video is before that modification was made.

• Like 2