KLF-20 grill cloth replacement

vulcan

Need to replace the grill cloth on my KLF-20s. Does anyone know of a good source for some cloth

that looks close to the original? I have already pulled the old cloth off, but there is a sticky residue

left on the frame. Any ideas on cleaning this off, or leave it? thanks for any info.

36 minutes ago, vulcan said:

also, need to clean the woofer cones of dust, etc, may be mold, not sure. any ideas on

how to safely clean the woofer cones?

I just cleaned up my 30's with natural baby wipes wiped the wood surfaces first to run out the moisture a bit 1 wipe per speaker worked great they look like new now and they were pretty bad about 10 years of dust. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

I just cleaned up my 30's with natural baby wipes wiped the wood surfaces first to run out the moisture a bit 1 wipe per speaker worked great they look like new now and they were pretty bad about 10 years of dust. 

that sounds good, what about cleaning the cones with "baby wipes" and maybe a diluted solution of dawn?

23 minutes ago, vulcan said:

that sounds good, what about cleaning the cones with "baby wipes" and maybe a diluted solution of dawn?

I used the wipes on the cones dust caps and surrounds pressing very softly it took a bit of work but everything looks new now I wiped the face of the speaker first just to "use up" a bit of the moisture not sure I needed to but it all worked out. I actually need grill cloth myself it is quite different than the older extended heritage cloth it's very thin.