Dayton Sub Woofer Driver (15" RSS390-HF-4) - SOLD

PrestonTom

Edit : November 14th: The subwoofer is now sold

Edit Oct 15th: It turns out this still available. In order for a quick sale it is now discounted to $60.  Ignore the other prices listed below.

-------------------

Is it time to build a subwoofer cabinet? Of course it is !!

This is a lightly used 15 inch Dayton Audio sub woofer. (driver only, no cabinet). It can be used in a 3 cu ft box for a F3 of about 37Hz (sealed cabinet)  or in a 9 cu ft box for a F3 of 21Hz (vented box). 

These sell at Parts Express for about $250, I will sell it for $125 (a 50% discount). 

https://www.daytonaudio.com/product/126/rss390hf-4-15-reference-hf-subwoofer-4-ohm

If you want to get lazy, and we all do sometimes, Parts Express also sells a box made specifically made for this woofer (includes the baffle cutout for the driver).

It is currently packaged in a cardboard carton that is 18 x 18 x 12 and weighs 36lb. I checked USPS and UPS and the cost is prohibitive, so this is pick up only. 

As of 10/27/23 .................

I may change my mind on this and be willing to ship. My zip is 06365-8617.  I'll let you figure out the cost. Keep in mind that UPS always figures out a way to increase the cost a bit when you actually take it to the UPS store. 

I am located in SE Connecticut (06365). (2 hours from Boston or NYC and 1 hour from Hartford CT, Providence RI, or New Haven CT). They are not currently in a cabinet, but i'm happy to run a test tone through the unit when you pick them up to verify that it works and there are no rattles. 

Thanks for looking, 

-Tom

• Like 1

• PrestonTom changed the title to Dayton Sub Woofer Driver (15" RSS390-HF-4) Price lowered Oct 1st

If I lived closer, these would already be in my possession!  Unfortunately, shipping is always the deal killer!

These play well with Klipsch speakers, filling in the bottom end very nicely.

Someone buy these, you won't be disappointed.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• PrestonTom changed the title to Dayton Sub Woofer Driver (15" RSS390-HF-4) Price Drastically Reduced

Today is Oct 15th, I have discounted the price to $60.

They sell new on Parts Express for $250

More recently, 10/27/23

I may change my mind on this and be willing to ship. My zip is 06365-8617.  I'll let you figure out the cost. Keep in mind that UPS always figures out a way to increase the cost a bit when you actually take it to the UPS store. 

• PrestonTom changed the title to Dayton Sub Woofer Driver (15" RSS390-HF-4) - SOLD