NOZ and or all H/K 8000 users

m00n

Just curious if you guys caught the January 2003 Home Theater mags review of the H/K 8000.

My impression coming away from the review is that he was trying to find nice things to say about it. 4.gif Well in comparrion to other flagship receivers. But he did say however it was not as expensive as say the Denon AVR-5802.

He had nice things to say, don't get me wrong, but neither was he saying "Buy Buy Buy this receiver".

Here were the ratings.

Build Quality 93

Value 89

Features 87

Performance 91

Ergonomics 92

Eh... a little dissapointing I suppose, but for the price that I was told I could purchase it at, I would easily purchase this receiver. But, considering I have an exteranal amp to push extra speakers, I am kinda thinking I may wait for their next flagship. Which I am curious, does anyone know if they are going to produce a new flagship any time soon?

m00n,

I read it before I got mine. I think it's a dynamite receiver for the money I got it at...$1199.00 U.S.

I think the 7200 is there next flagship, 7 X 100 watts. Less power but 7 descrete channels.

I like the way H/K sounds with Klipsch. I've heard the Pioneer and Denon, but not with our best buddies (Klipsch). So I can't comment on them..

DAMN BOY! You got it for $1,200? That is an outragous price! How did you get it at such a low price? Was it from that one site which was in your last thread about this receiver?

I think the lowest price I was quoted was like $1,600 or something like that.11.gif

m00n,

Yes it's Jan 2002, has a very small hiss when volume is totally off. It's not detectable at all when you put any sound on.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

This batch of receivers are all the same and went out cheap to wholesalers.

NOZ Thanks, I did!

Hey and I wanted to ask, you upgraded from the 7200, what differences in sound quality did you notice?

chepo61

Thanks for the input. I have heard that they have good CS. Mostly because of the center channel issue I have read about. The people who have purchased them have had no issues with Onecall.

m00n

m00n,

The 8000 has great control with the bass output over the 7000. Keep in mind this is at high output levels. I find it much better with 2-channel listening.

As for HT it's a little better, not hands down way better, then again the 7000 was no slouch.

I wonder how much gain I could expect going from the 520... I would assume a bit more than what you experianced going from the 7000.

I am really considering this receiver. The only drawback that I can think of is the no THX-ULTRA.... Doesn't that format have 7 completly discete channels?

----------------

On 1/27/2003 7:11:36 PM NOZ wrote:

It has THX-ULTRA. THX-ULTRA is kind of BS anyways, all hype.

You've got the extra amp anyways, its got outputs for the 6 & 7 channel rears.

m00n's gonna get an 8000, m00n's gonna get an 8000, LOL

J/K
2.gif

----------------

J/K? Na... no joking about it... I most likely will get this. You know how it is, that damn upgrade virus is going around. Watch out you may catch it. 9.gif