Help! Think I made a mistake for my in walls

andreas haraldstad

Hello everyone. 

After hours of research of what to build for my speaker setup I landed on buying these speakers and subs.

2x Klipsch PRO-250RPW LCR

and 

2x Klipsch PRO-1000SW

So because of delayed delivery on the subs, I have after 8 weeks started building the wall, making everything ready. 

I read the cut out measurements and they are correct. 

I wanted to have firm drywall around the speakers and subs, so I build cases in 2x4" WITH THE SAME MEASUREMENTS AS THE CUT OUT HOLE!

I then mounted the cases on the studs (with millimeter precision)  and started dry'walling. 

After reading up on the dog legs, i'm afraid they will collide with the 2x4" cases I built so they won't lock up behind the drywall? 

Here is a picture of my wall as it is now. 

Is there any hope of being able to mount the speakers without issues, given my measurements are correct. 

image_123927839 (2).JPG

• Like 1

If not a sawzall perhaps an oscillating tool could also work...

Do those need more of the wall cavity to work properly?

I just looked at the drawings and the subs are sealed boxes. They do, however have a front flange all the way around them, though.

The Klipsch PRO-250RPW are open on the back, and MAY require the full height of the wall between the studs. I can't find enough info on the Klipsch site to tell if they require that or not.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Are your openings trimmed out in 2x4s completely, all the way around? Maybe you can notch the 2x4s with a sawzall or jigsaw to accept the dog legs? Or cut the doglegs off and surface mount?

Yes they are trimmed out completely. A sawzall might be the best option, takes an hour and no modification to the speakers. 

10 hours ago, Marvel said:

If not a sawzall perhaps an oscillating tool could also work...

Do those need more of the wall cavity to work properly?

I just looked at the drawings and the subs are sealed boxes. They do, however have a front flange all the way around them, though.

The Klipsch PRO-250RPW are open on the back, and MAY require the full height of the wall between the studs. I can't find enough info on the Klipsch site to tell if they require that or not.

Yes, oscillating tool might work even better! 

You are right, speakers might need more room. the store I bought them in said 25 litres of space would be the optmial. I will test as is for now, thank you so much for your answer.