THX-504-L Enclosure Volume

Barrie

7 minutes ago, Barrie said:

By best way I mean open baffle or sealed box  

I  prefer a sealed enclosure with a port at the rear for optimal sound  because I want the woofers to dig as low as they can ,

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OO1 said:

I  prefer a sealed enclosure with a port at the rear for optimal sound  because I want the woofers to dig as low as they can ,

sealed enclosure.......with a port, is not a sealed enclosure anymore. 

And these are in-walls. you wont find an in-wall with an enclosure on the back that is ported. Not that I have ever seen anyways. Theoretically, it would not make sense. 

25 minutes ago, Barrie said:

infinite baffle. 

infinite baffle works , but  a sealed enclosure  avoids the  extension loss in the LF   for a gain in quality sound ...  it costs a bit more . MDF ,  glue , a few fasteners    

4 hours ago, OO1 said:

correct , but we normally  build   a sealed enclosure , then   , we  cut a hole for the port    ,  I'm pretty sure that @Barrie got my drift  

then it would be a ported enclosure at that point.....

4 hours ago, OO1 said:

infinite baffle works , but  a sealed enclosure  avoids the  extension loss in the LF   for a gain in quality sound ...  it costs a bit more . MDF ,  glue , a few fasteners    

im not sure you understand how infinite baffle works. if it designed to be that way and not be in a box, and you stick it in a box, it is not going to sound right and could damage something. 

• 4 months later...

Curious about what the OP went with.?

Did you attempt an enclosure or did you just cut rectangles out of your sheetrock and tighten the screws?

Im looking at the same project with the same speakers.

(3) Klipsch THX 504l

On 3/30/2024 at 11:32 AM, CCR0044 said:

Curious about what the OP went with.?

Did you attempt an enclosure or did you just cut rectangles out of your sheetrock and tighten the screws?

Im looking at the same project with the same speakers.

(3) Klipsch THX 504l

I'm yet to install them but have designed sealed boxes out of 3/4" MDF with a capacity of 1.29 cu ft.  I don't have drywall, I'm building my own framed drywall against a solid wall at the end of my room so the boxes will fit between my drywall and the solid wall.

So I have no idea yet how well this setup will sound I'm afraid.