jeez, no good deals on ebay? check this....

Tom Mobley

I bought those items about a month ago for $225. The amp was damaged and I returned the items. The seller is a pitiful packer and apparently never finished the 5th grade, judging by his/her grasp on the English language and communication skills. I wouldn't buy a rock from this seller. Fair warning.

Keith

Keith,

Thanks for the warning. How was the amp damaged? I've seen two now where the can cap behind the PS gets broken in shipping. Actually, the plastic mounting ring gets broken, the cap still works. Was it worse than that?

funny, I pay pretty good attention to Scott stuff moving across ebay, don't recall seeing that go by. Was it Christmas week?

Tom

Hello Tom! Yes I bought-those-now on 12-01-02 for $225. I e-mailed the seller and expressed to him my concerns regarding the shipping of the items. I asked the seller to take all the time he/she needed in packaging them and if there were additional costs involved in the packaging, then I would be happy to pay that cost. The seller arrived at the figure of $10 for extra packing materials.

The amp arrived with the rear input panel bent in toward the faceplate. The rear panel made contact with the output transformers and broke both loose from their speedclip/screw mounts. The power cord was cut. The amp would no longer sit flat on a flat surface. The packaging was poor, completely disregarding the fact that I asked/paid for decent packaging. There's more, but why go there?

The seller did not waste his time sending out any of those time consuming e-mails. I don't know about everyone else but when I send someone $265 I generally expect confirmation of receipt. The items magically arrived at my door one day unannounced. No need wasting any of that e-mail time ya know!

The guy is a complete clown.

Keith

Keith,

It's probably a near-miracle you any of your money back out of that deal.

I'll probably regret this, but I just sent a link to this discussion to the latest buyer. Be interesting to see if he shows up here.

That seller is an ebay power seller with hundreds of positive feedbacks, no negs or even neutral. Ilooked at his fb, I wouldn't thought a thing of buying from him.

Tom

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1945066338

I left the guy a neutral. Should have left a negative, but because of popular opinion on this site I left a neutral. Never understood why one would praise someone for simply telling the truth or doing something right. I believe its a reflection on what people expect, generally, these days. Heh, look at Washington, DC!

I don't really like paying flat shipping fees or paying extra to have someone exercise the care that they should exercise normally. Just another way to rip a buyer. Those costs should be figured into the cost of the item, IMO. This guy didn't care to refund back to me the same fees that he charged me. It was almost funny. The amp/tuner were nice and it is a shame someone would have no more respect for a fine piece of audio equipment that this seller displayed.

I have since bought other items and using the same old song and dance have received those items unscathed. As Mike said, and I encouraged this seller, it just requires a little more time and giving a $hit to avoid problems.

End of rant!

Keith