Cornwall 1 dust cap replacement

Khhol626

On 11/14/2023 at 10:40 PM, OO1 said:

easy enough , 1st step  , measure the dust cap , these are sold in various sizes ....Amazon , Ebay , Parts express 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dust+caps+for+speakers&i=electronics&crid=SU2GAZMD31B3&sprefix=dust+caps+for+spea%2Celectronics%2C131&ref=nb_sb_ss_fb_1_18

Does it matter if the cap has lips or not. Appears original had no lips but I can only seem to find ones with lips. 

54 minutes ago, Khhol626 said:

Does it matter if the cap has lips or not. Appears original had no lips but I can only seem to find ones with lips. 

here are some dust caps  /no lip on Ebay   there are plenty of  sizes  available

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=speaker+dust+cap+no+lip&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=speaker+dust+cap&_osacat=0

14 hours ago, OO1 said:

Thank you so much. The issue sadly is the size of the no lip. 2.5 inches seems most ideal but hard to find. Simply speakers has them but on back order.

Possibly 2.3 may work but idk. I got a lip pair coming tomorrow. Will see how they look. Otherwise may just wait for right no lip or try 2.3. 

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

a dust cap is a dust cap   , as long as it's  the correct size  

I actually just got the lip ones. They will be perfect. First time actually doing this job. So still learning along the way. Online pictures can only provide so much. 

appreciate all the help. Excited to get these cornwalls going. My first heritage speaker