Heresy Type TH-SR-70 question

STL

I assume you are asking about the ones for sale on eBay. They are normal 3-way full-range speakers. They should be just fine for a stereo system. Five, six or seven of them, along with a good subwoofer, should make for a nice home theater system.

Crossover network appears similar, if not identical, to normal Heresy. Picture is not good enough to tell for sure. Woofer appears to be a K-24 as used in Heresy II. Squawker driver is something other than K-55-V. But this is as expected considering they are from 1985. The listing doesn't show the tweeter, but the wire from the crossover to the tweeter is visible.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at the pictures of the front on eBay, the TH-SR-3 appears to be a Heresy II, while the TH-SR-70 is a Heresy.

Adding to the info on the TH-SR-70 in my previous post... The squawker driver in the TH-SR-70 was a K-53-K. So, it is pretty much appears to be a standard late Heresy with a mat black finish for theater use.

Hey I was wondering if you ever purchased the TH-SR series heresy's.

I just got a set of TH-SR3's and am not sure what to think yet, other than how but-ugly they are.

Seems to sound O.K. as a center so far (but jeez thier ugly).

One came without a woofer so I put a K-22 from a set of HBR type E Heresy's, is that a good thing? The crossovers look nothing alike. I have a Type E crossover as well, what effect would it have to install it in the (jeez thier ugly) TH-SR3.

My H/T

Yamaha HTR 5280

'86 Lascala's - mains

'86 Heresy HBR Type E - rears

'86 Heresy - center

Yamaha YST sw 150 (2) - subs