petition for a buy/sell category ?

michael hurd

With all the people around here looking for specific speakers, drivers, horns etc, why don't we ask the webmaster to set up a buy/sell category. People can post their unused stuff and prices - most people can do that already. It would make the trading of vintage/discontinued stuff more appealing than e-bay. I have heard so many horror stories from e-bay, and also shipping problems. Cut out the middlemen and deal mano-a-mano. Any opinions ?

Great for us in one way , parts, networks , drivers etc.

That would be great as most of us know what were talking about or looking for, plus you likly would know the seller ( another member).

I see a lot of newbies drop in here for the sole purpose of finding out what guy's like us would pay for there gear, sucks for us good for them.

But all it would take, would be for one person to get burnt or not happy with his purchase and all hell would break out on the board, hell just look at past posts on bad e-bay transactions.

see alot of good and bad in this idea, but it could work. not sure klipsch would want to be involved though.

Are you referring to setting up an ebay clone? Or just a place for people to post "Hey I have something to sell you wanna buy it"? kinda thread? If that's all it is, sounds acceptable, however, if your talking about an ebay clone... Dude, that's something I would not expect too soon. 2.gif

Michael,

This had be preposed several times in the past but I really don't think Klipsch wants any involvement in this matter.

Justin, (Get well soon) had set up something similiar not to long ago just along these lines for buying/selling and it had several members on it selling items.

I kinda like the way its set up now-Klipsch seems to not mind people selling items in their posts and it has worked for me in the past on buying as well as selling.Its what got me started in tubes.

Just look,it started a business for Craig (NOS440).

Jeff

Yep, this is a request that has been made several times.

Issues of whether Klipsch & Co. wants to "get involved" in a trading platform aside, the Webmaster is furiously flailing about trying to keep his head above water as it is. Even if this was something they wanted to do, I think it's going to be quite a while before they could.

I have an alternate suggestion. We have quite a few professional web developers on this forum. Why don't we do this ourselves? Any takers?

While on the face of it, this seems like a very good idea, it presents liability and logistic problems for Klipsch to formally set this up, instead, if you troll the previous threads on this subject, you will see that we have agreed to post Alerts when something is available here or looks on another site (kelly homeless is quite mobile about this and often posts alerst about tube amplifiers he thinks are good on eBay)2.gif

Possibly klipsch could have a section called Kbay and we could take it over as a buy/sell area. Thus they would not be advocating it nor would they be promoting it only moderating our freedom of speech. Just a thought. I can't remember what type of agreement we had to join the BB but I am sure they had some language in there that protected themselves from anything that happens on this BB. I would reccommend that it be COD sales/purchases only.

EJ1.gif