Just installing a Reference Cinema Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 kit to my older Denon AV Receiver...

Rcron

So I have had a Denon AVR-S720W receiver ( new home and had to leave old 5.1 speakers behind in home sale ).   I wanted to ensure this time that I had ATMOS support so I purchased this Kit and am now ready to set it up.   I am a complete NOOB at this stuff and only learn it to get it installed, them move on, but I don't like just connecting stuff without understanding things   I have run 2 sets of speaker wires to the front left and right Klipsch speakers 1 each to Main +- and to Height +- and using the AMP Assign feature to connect the front Height Speakers.   My Denon Receiver will allow the "Surround Back L/R" to be assignable as either "Front Height L/R"  or "Front Dolby Atmos".   

But my big question comes now to connecting the Surround Sound L/R speakers.  I don't have any more Terminals to connect or assign, but my surround speakers are identical to the front/height L/R, ... so I think I need to jumper the Main to the Height on these speakers so that all speakers in these 2 cabinets are firing?   I know I won't get ATMOS out of them cause I don't have enough terminals, but at least all the speakers will be firing.    I could run 2 wires to the surround speakers and assign THEM as "Surround Dolby Atmos" but I'm guessing that if you can't have all 4 speakers then the Front ones are better?

But mostly I want to know if I should bother jumpering these Terminals together in the speaker cause the upward speaker will be firing with same (or similar frequencies) and don't know if that will muddy things up.

I know, I know, why don't I get a receiver with 9 terminals so I can have full ATMOS... Well maybe someday, but it just isn't in the budget right now and this receiver has been great to me so far. 

When I get everything mounted, I'm going to go through the Audyssey Setup on this to get it all dialed in, but do have a question on where the Subwoofer Lowpass should be set for these Klipsch speakers, as I don't remember if this will be set by Audyssey setup.     

Any help will be greatly appreciated.   

You'd be better off to just not connect the speakers up top.  You'd be running them in parallel, which will have less than ideal results and could even cause problems on the cheaper Denon AVR's.  They don't have a very beefy power supply, and they aren't exactly known for pushing the cleanest power with the anemic power supply they have.  I'd just DC the Atmos for now and run a simple 5.1 setup.

• 2 weeks later...