Sold: JBL HP 520 4-way Tower Speakers

Iteachstem

Hello all,

I picked these up locally just to do some comparisons for fun.  They are pretty cool, being a 4 way, 5 driver per speaker system.  Two 8" drivers inside, a 6.5" mid woofer, a 5" midrange and a 1" titanium dome.  These play very accurately.  They also have a 3 way bass level adjust to match help best match them to the varying different rooms.

Needless to say, they didn't one-up my RF-7's, but held their own!  If they were in nicer condition, I might put them in my bedroom.

The cabinets are in decent condition for their age. The grills need new fabric, and the glass on top of one speaker is de-laminating.  (Great idea for the wives that love to put plants on our beautiful speakers!!!)

Asking what I paid for them a couple-o-weeks ago.

$175 (Much lower than any other place I've looked)

Location 60511 Illinois

IMG_0733.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, absolve2525 said:

using the same nice-sounding tweeter

I love this tweeter! Very accurate and easy to listen to for long periods of time.

20 hours ago, absolve2525 said:

Were the inside woofers refoamed

Not that I am aware of.  The outside ones are in good shape, so I would assume the inside ones are good as well.  I ran it through some low frequency tests to see if there was any sigh of woofer damage after I purchased them and I didn't hear anything that would require further investigation.

On 12/20/2023 at 7:56 AM, Iteachstem said:

Not really, but there is a brewery I've wanted to visit there for a long time...

It's in southwest part of Michigan. Maybe we could work something out if you're up for meeting around there.

I will let you know if I'm heading out that way, if it were summer I would pull off a day trip to Grand Haven or something. I appreciate you getting back to me...sorry for the delay. I'm sure these towers would match well with my 8330 and 8333 cinema JBLs!

Tim

• Iteachstem changed the title to Sold: JBL HP 520 4-way Tower Speakers