RP-8000F II for a larger room

Fricadelle

Hello

I just wanted your advice on buying a new pair of speakers. My budget is < 2000 euros (could stretch that to a little bit more) in Europe. 

The only application would be to listen to music, mostly vinyls played on a rega turntable. I have a fairly entry level amplifier : Pioneer A-50, which I'm planning to upgrade at some point, maybe something in the rega line. I was using until recently a pair of Davis Acoustics Vinci HD, a model that has been discontinued since and whose replacement I think would be the Davis Acoustics Krypton 9 (https://davis-acoustics.com/en/krypton-9-2/). 

I quite liked the speakers, I am in an attic with a huge space (think 6meters by 15 meters room) filled with a plethora of objects, but the listening "experience" takes place in a square of 5m x 5m and I'm sitting about 3 meters from the speakers; I don't have any restrictions on the volume and play the music whatever feels comfortable that day. I thought the Vinci HD performed well (granted I don't have many reference points). 

Since then I had to give the speakers back to the person lending them to me and I am now, temporarily, on a set of cheaper JBL Northridge E60. The difference is quite stark.

I came across the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-8000F II which might be a good candidate. They are in the budget (I can get them for 1500 euros) and I'm under the impression they would represent an upgrade, to the JBLs of course, and maybe to the Davis acoustics. What do you think? 

Also, out of curiosity, would speakers like the Heresy "work" in my configuration (maybe they are designed for smaller rooms I don't know)? I must admit I like the way they look, but they are found at almost 5k euros here (for a pair). Just curious how big of a jump they would represent as compared to the RP-8000F.

Thanks for taking the time to read and give your insight!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fricadelle said:

Hello

I just wanted your advice on buying a new pair of speakers. My budget is < 2000 euros (could stretch that to a little bit more) in Europe. 

The only application would be to listen to music, mostly vinyls played on a rega turntable. I have a fairly entry level amplifier : Pioneer A-50, which I'm planning to upgrade at some point, maybe something in the rega line. I was using until recently a pair of Davis Acoustics Vinci HD, a model that has been discontinued since and whose replacement I think would be the Davis Acoustics Krypton 9 (https://davis-acoustics.com/en/krypton-9-2/). 

I quite liked the speakers, I am in an attic with a huge space (think 6meters by 15 meters room) filled with a plethora of objects, but the listening "experience" takes place in a square of 5m x 5m and I'm sitting about 3 meters from the speakers; I don't have any restrictions on the volume and play the music whatever feels comfortable that day. I thought the Vinci HD performed well (granted I don't have many reference points). 

Since then I had to give the speakers back to the person lending them to me and I am now, temporarily, on a set of cheaper JBL Northridge E60. The difference is quite stark.

I came across the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-8000F II which might be a good candidate. They are in the budget (I can get them for 1500 euros) and I'm under the impression they would represent an upgrade, to the JBLs of course, and maybe to the Davis acoustics. What do you think? 

Also, out of curiosity, would speakers like the Heresy "work" in my configuration (maybe they are designed for smaller rooms I don't know)? I must admit I like the way they look, but they are found at almost 5k euros here (for a pair). Just curious how big of a jump they would represent as compared to the RP-8000F.

Thanks for taking the time to read and give your insight!

The RP 8000 is an incredible speaker, I think they  are  underrated somewhat because of their attractive price , nice extended bass ,more so than Heresy , extremely clean and detailed. Both these speakers will play loud with  no distortion in large rooms with their high sensitivity . Heresy is also an excellent speaker of course and it  too will fill a large room , either speaker will give extraordinary sound .

• Like 2