How to: Mass convert MP4 to MP3?

Coytee

Over time, I've spent HOURS ripping most of my CD's and many, many of my DVD's so now I've got a bunch of tunes on my PC.  Got new car, no CD player (YIKES) but, it has the USB ports where I can plug in a thumb....  works very nice.  All my tunes, small format...

I hit "next" and it skips 20 tracks and/or chapters....  I've not fooled with this for two years until yesterday.

Seems many of the files are MP3, AAC or WMA (I think they're all called) however, I've learned the "problem" files are ripped as MP4 and seems the car doesn't recognize MP4.

I see converters but so far, looks like I have to do it one track at a time.  What I'd LIKE to do is hit a select all.....  mass convert so it can be converting while I'm doodling about, trying to avoid my wife's list of chores :emotion-14:

Is there a program, free is nice but I'd be willing to pay, that might be able to do that en masse?

i HAVE found a program.  Paid for it which is fine.  Seems you have to download the specific files into it to then convert them.  I was hoping I could essentially "copy all" but once it sees a folder, it won't do it.

SO I'm merrily copying files into it, converting, moving them back.  Now, I have duplicate files.  Once done, I'll do a search for M4A files and delete them as a group.  I'm thinking that ought to work.

Still....  more busy work than I really wanted.  I didn't know when I ripped these that the car would only see certain file types.  Live & learn.