RSW-15 vs RP-1400sw

sakayus

Hey guys does anyone know which one would be better for movies? I currently own an rsw-15 (yes it’s really old) and since I’m moving I’m debating to sell it and then buy the newest version. I’m just not if it’ll actually be any better or not. Mainly I was the slam factor.

• Like 1

You will be hard pressed to beat that RSW-15.  There's a select bunch of people that champion the RP-1600SW as a reasonable replacement, but even that seems marginal.  I wasn't even going to keep the 1600 in my system when I thought I was going to have to repair my 15.

Tl;dr - keep your RSW-15.  I doubt, strongly, that the 1400 would perform better in any way over the 15.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

There's a select bunch of people that champion the RP-1600SW as a reasonable replacement, but even that seems marginal.  I wasn't even going to keep the 1600 in my system 

Did you end up getting a 1600? There's a couple scratch dent models on eBay right now for 800 shipped that's getting pretty damn ridiculous on pricing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Did you end up getting a 1600? There's a couple scratch dent models on eBay right now for 800 shipped that's getting pretty damn ridiculous on pricing 

I didn't.  As soon as I got the 15 working again I dumped the idea.  I like how the 15 sounds, but size was also a major hurdle.

FWIW I could get the 1600 right now NIB from Klipsch at $1139 shipped - just don't have a reason to. haha

1 minute ago, The History Kid said:

I didn't.  As soon as I got the 15 working again I dumped the idea.  I like how the 15 sounds, but size was also a major hurdle.

I hear ya even the 10 is 24 inches deep- crazy. I also loved the RSW-15 best sub I've ever owned curious about these new ones though

• Like 2

Awesome thanks for the input!!

I was guessing technology would be better by now, but if that’s the case then I’ll just stick with it. Great loud sound, musical and compact without being too heavy. (Can’t lift the svs 16 incher up to a 2nd story)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sakayus said:

Awesome thanks for the input!!

I was guessing technology would be better by now, but if that’s the case then I’ll just stick with it. Great loud sound, musical and compact without being too heavy. (Can’t lift the svs 16 incher up to a 2nd story)

Technology, maybe.  But the RSW-15 generally is regarded as the better performer.  Better technology only takes you so far.  Look at most Klipsch speaker designs in the Heritage line and compare them to the mainstream stuff.  Look at many amplifiers now versus older ones.  You start to notice that newer technology doesn't equate to better. :)