Music in the runout groove

No Disc

Anyone ever listen to the Best of BB King on ABC Records?

I was listening to this thrift store purchase tonight. On the final track the music started to slow down in tempo and eventually became really really slow. They cut the album so that this very last segment of track became very very slow music and singing was carried onto the runout groove that kept repeating.

I was on the phone talking with a buddy when this happened so my attention was not on the music. After I hung up the phone I realized something was up. Heh, kind of a freaky effect.

- tb

I've got an album by the punk band Less than Jake.

On their "Goodbye blue and white" album there is a hidden track on both sides of the record.

I noticed it one day when the music finished and I thought the leadout groove was making a little more noise then on my other albums.

So I looked and the lead out groove wasn't all pf the way to the center of the record.

There is a track cut in the record that plays from the center towards the outside edge.

I put the tonearm down on the inside of the record and what did I hear but a punk version of "gramma got run over by a reindeer"

As I think about it I'm glad they made tha a special track, I would hate to hear that play every time I put that record on.14.gif

Peace, Josh