RF-7s with what sub?

mario

IVE BEING LOOKING TO BUY A SUB TO GO WITH MY RF7S BUT i CANT DECIDE FOR THE RSW- 15 OR THE SVS DUAL CS ULTRA SUBWOOFERS W/ SAMSON 1000 AMP SET UP. IVE HEARD THE RSW15 AT A RETAILER ALREADY AND IT SOUNDED GREAT WITH THE RF-7S. bUT I WAS WONDERING IT ANYBODY HAS THE DUAL SVS ULTRA SET UP WITH THE RF-7S IN A TWO CHANAL SET UP AND HOW DOES IT SOUND? OR WHAT SUB OR SUBS I SOUND GO WITH?

I agree.

Ditched my sub in favor of the cohesiveness of two good speakers.

Unless you plan on watching a lot of movies -- don't bother.

Keep in mind that when using a sub with the RF-7's, you have to send the full range signal through the passive x-over components in the sub. There is certainly signal degradation because I've heard it.

I have the RSW-12 right now which will soon be an RSW-15. My 15 is on order and should be in next week. Based on the opinions you will find elsewhere on this board, the SVS are the choice for HT and the RSW's are very strong for 2.1 music. To the 2 channel purists here please forgive me for that. 9.gif

Depending on the music I may or may not hook the RSW up with the 7's in my Rotel 2 channel setup. If I do, I definitely cut the sub at the minimum 40hz. I'm very happy with the performance of the RSW's. I can't wait for the 15 to come in. Everybody's tastes are different regarding what sounds good and bad. The best piece of general advice ever given on this board is let your ears be the judge.

~shoe

In stereo mode my pre/pro sends signal to rsw 12,soon to be 15.I know it makes my rf7's sound great.For dvd audio/5.1 concerts I tried the svs,sent back,kept the klipsch.I was always trying to hear svs,with the rsw you will not wonder if it's enough.SVS for H/T,rsw for music, correct!Grand Slams if you want it all!