storyteller contest

Parrot

Is there a way to read the stories of the runners-up? All I see is the December submissions and the winning story.

Now, as to the grand prize winning story. I find it absolutely appalling that that story won. Not only did the guy abandon his speakers for many years, but they were treated like trash by his family after he left. Then, and this tops everything, when the guy finds them again and they are dirty, he decides to burn them in a bonfire. The Belles were saved from being burned only because his friends interceded.

Now, what were the judges thinking when this story won top prize? That Klipsch speakers are of the quality that it should come as no surprise that someone abandons his speakers for many years? that other people think they are garbage (and we're talking Belles here) and throw them in a junk room? and if they get dirty they should be destroyed?

I really can't imagine a legitimate story that would reflect much worse on Klipsch. I just hope the award prize of a new pair of Klipschorns don't get dirty sometime.

Paul, when you get to the page that says "December Stories" just click on letter of the alphabet you want right above it. That'll take you to all of the submissions of people whose names begin with that letter. Clunky, I know, but it's the only way I've found to see all of them...

As first runner-up, I hope you find my story a little more satisfying than the grand prize winner's! 2.gif

I think my next Klipsch story will be about the agonizing wait I had to endure for a free pair of Heresys. 9.gif

Thanks, Kirk. I enjoyed your story. Couldn't stand the weather indeed! But other than yours and Andy's, both of which were far more deserving to win than the one chosen, there are still a few that I can't access because they weren't submitted in December.

Now remember, according to the winner, when your Klipsches get dirty, it's a good idea to burn them in a bonfire.

Without question -- the most powerful story I read was Ray's. I almost wept while reading it, having to choke back tears several times. Content aside -- it was also very well written. After reading it, I threw in the towel, and just decided to come up with something 'spiffy'. I simply had no 'Klipsch Experience' that even remotely compared with it. How does one compete with: "My Klipschorns saved my sanity."?

Yes...go to Klipsch's home page, click on Storyteller Contest on the right. Scroll down to SUBMITTED STORIES (in blue lettering) and click on it. Then click on the letter "G" of the index page; once on that page, scroll down to Ray Garrison's long and sad story (half way down page).

That should've been the winning story, and I and many others have told Ray that!