Question for HDBR on Belle Construction

Cut-Throat

HDBR,

I have completely disassembled one of my Belles, so that I can refinish and re-grill them.

The only part that I could not remove to finish easily was the very front flat panel on the Lower Bass Bin. There are 6 screws inside the woofer chamber, but the panel seems to be glued on. Correct?

If I could get it off easily, it would make sanding a lot easier. If it's glued, I am going to be forced to try to sand right next to the top an bottom panels. There is not much to work with there only about a half inch or so.

Your comments will be appreciated16.gif

yes, that panel is glued on, as are all the panels for the doghouse and bass bin portion of the Belle...this is a necessity in order to ensure a strong, tight seal of the inner chamber of the doghouse section of the bass bin and the bass bin itself...thereby allowing no leaks that would sound like "toots"...LOL!

HDBR

Thanks for the reply. I'll just have to work around it and sand as close as I can to the edges.

One thing has worked out nice! - I took your advice and am sanding off all of the finish. I actually think this is the easier way to go. It seems like all of the stain is in the finish and not in the wood veneer. When I sanded a couple of the panels the stain is almost all gone. The wood is very light and I will have no trouble matching the light oak color.16.gif