Very low volume

VampireHD

I'm using the Promedia 5.1's as well as the DD-5.1 decoder and have a problem with the volume being quite low, even when turned up to maximum. My setup consists of a Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum along with the previous stated Klipsch products. I'm using an RCA cable that goes from the SPDIF out on my SB Audigy 2 Platinum LiveDrive to the DD-5.1 decoder RCA digital in. The DD-5.1 functions correctly (whether the signal is Dolby, DTS, or stereo), so everything seems fine. The only problem I have is even when I have the software SB volume controls turned all the way up in Windows, along with the volume level on the DD-5.1 (0 decibels) and with the volume on my Promedia 5.1 pod set to 80, the sound isn't exactly loud. It's at a comfortable listening level. I'm wondering what could be the cause of this. The RCA cable I'm using is quite old but even when I tried purchasing a Monster 3 foot optical cable for $40, the sound volume was still the same. I'm not sure what else to try. If anyone knows of a way to fix this or has an opinion on the matter, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem with my DD-5.1 and my second set of Promedia 5.1's the volume coming from the preamp is very low. My DD-5.1 is hooked up using an optical cable to my PlayStation 2. I dont know if DVD's have a low volume in general b/c my GC/64 are hooked up to the line in and aux 2 and they get pretty loud going through the DD-5.1. my other 5.1' set is hooked up to my PC with a sound blaster audigy platinum through the analog outs and they rock the house, i know its not my promedia's because i hooked the other pair to my pc and they were loud too. if anyone knows what the deal is id sure like to know.

• 1 month later...

Well I got my new speaker set, Klipshies 5.1 with DD5.1. Only thing is they were 02-L with green dot.

This system is out of this world. The DTS ROCKS. I have a DTS dvd from Billy Idol and it sounds soo nice. I do not have problems with the volume being too low.

At 50 the whole room is shaking. I use windows media player 9 for music and PowerDVD for movies.

Listening to my music cd's now, sound so crisp, with the dd5.1 and all speakers kickin! WOOT.

My soundcard is Nforce 2, which is part of Nforce 2 Motherboards for AMD. And I have no problems with the onboard sound, as some other posters with the same sound card have had problems.

Check the level of the master volume. Also look and make sure the wave setting is 3/4 of the way up.

Good luck.

1.gif