old la scala

klipsch kid

Hi , I just checked the back of the magnet and it did not say k-33.

instead it had allot of numbers. I tried to make them out and here is what I came up with .

on the paper cone it has the numbers 451341 and on the back of the magnet is has 15588 and under that it reeds 57-8629 or it could be 67-8629.

did i get (ex use my language) screwed?7.gif

hey guys. guess what . I did some investigating. I opened the bottom again and took out the bass driver. it says iminence on it. I called klipsch and they said that at one time they used iminence as replacement drivers. is this as good as the original?

please let me know.

I really appreciate how helpfull you klipsch fans are to the inexperienced.

I really like this forum and hope to be on here as often as I can.

thanks again.

the new guy.1.gif

While Klipsch used Eminence to produce K-33-Es for the last several years, they normally don't have Eminence printed on them. The number on the cone doesn't look like the Eminence part number for the K-33-E, but I'll have to check later. You should post some pictures of your woofers, so we can better figure out what you have.

K-33-Es have been only $110 each from Klipsch, so if you want to change them you aren't looking at a lot of money. You can call Eminence with the numbers (67-**** means Eminence) and they can tell you what it is.

If you have K-43s, the La Scalas will have a bit louder bass. The K-43 doesn't go as low in a K-horn as the K-33, but in a La Scala there is little difference. K-43s are about $250 each. They were common in La Scalas.

Real K-33s are often for sale on ebay.

The K-33-E should have some of the following numbers on it: 15162, 15-3309, on the cone 451520-2 (maybe w/o the dash) and perhaps 1520F5637. I don't have the numbers for the K-43, but since you numbers are similar, I'd suspect you have the K-43s. Even though Eminence made the woofers for Klipsch, Klipsch would not use Eminence labeled parts for replacement.