Denon PMA 600ne with Klipsch RP 500m speakers

I have a NAD 338c powering my Klipsch RP 500m speakers.  I like listening to my music loud, and this amp sounds great but can’t get to the volume I want.

a friend has a Denon PMA 600e that he is willing to send me.  I know it is inferior quality, but in shear difference in max volume will I notice a big difference.  I don’t have a budget to go up to the NAD 368c.

I was told (by the internet;). That the NAD being a class D amp, that it was of better quality and more expensive price(upon further research I discovered as you pointed out, that it is rated only 45W at 8ohms instead of the 70W advertised, which it seems like is at 4ohms).

I found a Cambridge Audio AXR100 at a very good price, it seems that it puts out 100W at 8ohms.  Am I correct in assuming that will dramatically increase my ability to get a high volume with less distortion because I won’t be pushing the amp as I would my NAD c338?) thanks in advance for your input.

Rather than switching amps, you might consider replacing your speakers with something with higher sensitivity. I think you would get more bang for your buck. Your RP 500m speakers are rated at 93 dB sensitivity. If your budget can handle it, the RP 8000F II is rated at 98 dB. That is a big difference.

• Like 1