La Scalas and REL Classic 98's

I wonder if anyone has had any experience with these. I'm thinking about a pair but I see things like "La Scalas are fast" and "the REL Classics run a little slower". I really don't know much about pairing subs with these speakers. Any advice? There is no showroom to listen or have a test near me. Thanks. 

In REL's own words:

"While it might trade off a touch of the speed, clarity, and deepest bass that our standard models, like the T/9x, are known for,......"

^ Would cause me* to pass and get a different model to pair with La Scalas.

*former very satisfied REL T/7i (x 2) owner; sold the subwoofers when I sold the excellent ATC SCM 11v2s stand mounts they were used with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junkman said:

I wonder if anyone has had any experience with these. I'm thinking about a pair but I see things like "La Scalas are fast" and "the REL Classics run a little slower". I really don't know much about pairing subs with these speakers. Any advice? There is no showroom to listen or have a test near me. Thanks. 

Welcome to the forum.  I’m not sure why so many new members post in this section, as you can see by its description it’s for technical questions relating to the forum itself such as having trouble logging in, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I’m not sure why so many new members post in this section, as you can see by its description it’s for technical questions relating to the forum itself such as having trouble logging in, etc.

I wonder why about the same thing. Guessing it is because of key words (Klipsch, info) that direct the search algorithms to this section?