deeper bass with Khorn

redwood forest

I'm building a sound room from scratch and I'm in a position to make all kinds of changes that I've been thinking about for some time now. I know this is strange, but here it goes. Would it be possible to deepen the bass of the Khorn by elongating the horn? The horn has already been folded several times inside the cabinet. The last one uses the corners of the room to get the final effect. I have raw Khorns, so it would be possible to make modifications to the cabinet. I was thinking about building sides on the Khorn simulating the walls at the corner of the room. Then I could turn the cabinet around so the original back faces outward into the room. To allow for the horn to develop exponentially, I could build the walls of the speaker upward. The sound would then be directed to the corners of the room as before, but with further development. Would it be possible deepen the bass this way? How much would this method deepen the bass? Has anyone tried this before, and most importantly, did it work?1.gif

Been there done that and it was,nt worth one note lower. Another guy in germany also did a mouth extension plus 18 inch woofer and got one note lower I think he also reduced a peak at 100hz befor he went nuts. If you got the time try it. I hope you,ve got the test instruments to show where you,r at on the bass bin. (befor & after tests).

You can "sort of" achieve this acoustically by the room geometry & proportions. See my post(s) in the 2 Channel Audio topic thread of Home Audio, in the architectural thread, "artto's klipshorn room"