ZWAN...and other new stuff...Whatdoyathink???

cluless

Have the Zwan CD on order...anyone have thoughts on it. What about Theory of a Dead Man?

Just got through with my own personal x-mas/birthday shopping..picked up the following..

On the Rock Side

Foo Fighters - One by One - probably their best effort yet.

3 Doors Down - Away from the sun... Excellent

Stone Sour - A derivative of Slipknot. Bother, Blue Study Awesome tunes. Overall... TOO MUCH NEANDERTHALL YELLING on the rest of the CD. Color me crazy, but the sounds of dinosaur regurgitation is not appealing to me musically.

Heading into the alternative realm...

John Mayer - Room for squares...Excellent and soothing...Thanks for the recommend OP.

Jimmy Eat World...hello? HELLLO? have I been comatose for the last couple years? Great band. picked up the self-named CD, Static Prevails and Clarity. No Regrets

New bands...for me..on the Alternative front..worthwhile buys IMO

Sugarcult -Start Static

Thursday - Full Collapse

Taking Back Sunday - Tell All your friends

• 3 weeks later...

I'll give a huge second to Interpol and Sigur Ros. And if you like Interpol, check out Joy Divison for a very similar sound. If you like sigur ros (very ambient instrumental music check out:

God Speed You Black Emperor! and if you dig violins in the mix alot Silver Mt. Zion.

If you like the indie sound, top of my list for that vibe would be...

Rainer Maria, Ida, Alpha, and you will know us by the trail of dead, the shins, and low, and maybe some elliot smith.

I saw someone mentioned thursday, other good "emo" type bands I'd def. recommend (other than the obvious dashboard confessional, saves the day, get up kids) would be

Juliana Theory, fairweather, further seems forever, hot rod circuit, audio learning center,

ok I could go on and on, but I'll stop:)

-mkl

----------------

On 3/15/2003 9:24:57 PM mkl wrote:

I'll give a huge second to Interpol and Sigur Ros. And if you like Interpol, check out Joy Divison for a very similar sound. If you like sigur ros (very ambient instrumental music check out:

God Speed You Black Emperor! and if you dig violins in the mix alot Silver Mt. Zion.

If you like the indie sound, top of my list for that vibe would be...

Rainer Maria, Ida, Alpha, and you will know us by the trail of dead, the shins, and low, and maybe some elliot smith.

I saw someone mentioned thursday, other good "emo" type bands I'd def. recommend (other than the obvious dashboard confessional, saves the day, get up kids) would be

Juliana Theory, fairweather, further seems forever, hot rod circuit, audio learning center,

ok I could go on and on, but I'll stop:)

-mkl

----------------

Joy Divison is one of my all-time favorite bands (behind the Smashing Pumpkins of course). Their music is just fantastic. I also have all of GSYBE's albums. Great stuff also. Good indie and emo choices. Here's a great 80's indie CD you should try out:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=8:07:26/PM&sql=A8xknu3xkan8k

That cd looks pretty good, I have albums from 50% of those bands, but ill have to pick it up just to get a sample of those ones I haven't heard. If you like GSYBE i highly highly recommend Silver Mt. Zion, Sigur Ros, and the cd "angels of the universe" which is a movie soundtrack by hilmar hilmarsson and sigur ros.

-mkl