sunnaysal´s system post dynaco mk IV

sunnysal

What are the Dynacos sitting on? I can see some sort of little puckish-like things in the picture, but it's unclear whether they're points / cups or something else. If you have the amps rigidly connected to the top of the KHorns via TipToe-esque type devices, you might get a bit of low level grundge through microphonic tubes in amps. I'd put something like Sorbothane isolated platform on top of speaker, then couple amps to that.

Very nice setup. What's it sound like sitting in the couch between the KHorns? World's biggest headphones? Would be cool to try playing some binaural recordings while sitting there... I tried it with my copy of the Organ Symphonyt binaural recording with me sitting between my La Scalas, each one about 4 feet from my head, one on either side, pointed straight at me. Way cool.

check out

http://www.binaural.com/binvct.html#anchor1546828

for info on this, and other, binaural recordings... comments on this particular disc read: The Pasadena Symphony cond. by Jorge Mester with organist Hector Olivera. Recorded direct to 20-bit high resolution digital hard drive using Neumann K-100 head. First U.S. binaural recording of a full symphony orchestra! Top Hollywood studio musicians. Hall has excellent acoustics. A thrilling pairing with knock-out sonics whether heard via speakers OR headphones! Newport Classics sub-label AUracle (NCAU 10001). Length: 71:56A+ AUDIO; Sound: 10 CD REVIEW ; The sonic splendor of this release is a revelation. It's pressed on gold and sounds like diamonds. INTUNE.

The pucks look like Vibrapods to me.

I think there would still be some microphonics despite heroic efforts on top of the Ks.

Nice to show them off I know. Maybe off to the sides, like on stands, around the "door" frame where the equipment is?

Some people like the microphonics with tubes though. Adds "air".

they are vibrapods (#2s) and though I may suffer some microphonics (my hand cannot feel any vibration when placed on the amp at reasonable listening levels) I get some benefits...one, looks cool...two, short expensive speakers wires are within my financial reach (these are cardas crosslink at 1M less than $100)...besides I am really enjoying the tube sound...maybe later I will add a pair of isolation pads under the amps...meanwhile I sit on the couch just in front of the speakers and enjoy a huge holographic soundstage...wow! Van Morrison floating in front of me singing, more realistic than ever before, I am in heaven!

p.s. randy, I am using the creek passive preamp here and it sounds great!

Randy, hang on before buying anything for a few weeks...I have a preamp (with tone controls and two switched outputs, for the speakers on the terrace) on order from sound valves...if I does not suck there will be a pratically new creek available in el salvador!...I will keep you updated...regards, tony

Your set up looks pretty cool. I like the Dynas on the K-horns. I used to use the same little Creek pre. I thought it was a great product. What brand of tubes are you running? If you are interested in N.O.S let me know. I know a guy who had probably the largest supply of nos tubes in my part of the US. Enjoy! Joe

very nice!

reminds of the system that got me started years ago, that guy was sure saying some strange things about speakers and cables and amps ... now he makes OTL amps as Atma-sphere ...

does the window give you anyproblems, want me to come down there and take a look at it? I am worried that it is affecting bass response in the right channel ...

wink.gif