Picture of Completed Belle with Cane Cloth *************************

Cut-Throat

Bigdnfay,

Not trying to "rain on yer parade" any...but keep this in mind. Generally speaking, Klipsch SELDOM painted a belle black or any other PAINT color unless there was something to hide in the panels used to build it...sometimes that wasn't the case...but rarely so! So don't be surprised if you find something under all of that white paint you are NOT WANTING TO FIND! OK? It may just be some "white" livewood in walnut veneer(which can be "colored" to darken it and blend it in fine)...but it could also be something else, too! You won't know until you get the paint off! Hopefully...there will be nothing to worry about! On the other hand...It would be hilarious if your Belle was actually nice Rosewood underneath the paint! You just NEVER know!! What finish do your k-horns have?

----------------

On 2/19/2003 4:12:03 PM Cut-Throat wrote:

I have finally completed the refinishing job on one of my Belles. Basically I tured a dark

Oak

Belle with Black Grill Cloth into a Light Oak Belle with Cane Colored Grill Cloth.

I had to sand the entire finish off. I also re-wired the speaker with 16 gauge OFC Copper.

What the hell - Still sounds the same though! I put on 3 coats of Satin Poly for better

protection. (normally I would not finish a speaker with Poly, but these are so large that I

felt they needed some added protection.) I really prefer the texture of an Oil Finish much

better.

Special thanks to HDBR Builder and Chris Robinson for advice on Finishing and Grill Cloth!

Thanks Guys!

Now I have to muster the strength to finish the next one! Should I put the Klipsch emblem on

or leave it off? - Whadda think?

----------------

I think you should simply place the GR research emblem on the Belles Cut Throat !

Is that a Paradox, or what ??