Projection tv and klf 30's will I have magnetic interference problems?

ssstang

Now that I have found my imaging culprit, the positioning. It is time to shift the entire HT set up. From the positioning threads and articles I read, it seems I must place these klf 30s flanking my 57' Sony projection. Will I have any issues placing these bad boys right next to the jumbotron?

Thanks

I doubt you will have a problem with 30's and a Projection TV as conventional TV's and projection TV's use very different means to convey the image from the reciever to the screen.

In a conventional TV the image is created on the screen itself by causing phosphorescent particles on the inside of the screen to light up or not in response to electron beams.Those electron beams are sensitive to magnetic effects and are in fact controlled within the CRT by magnetic fields.

Projection TV's create the visual image by projecting actual beams of light onto a screen. For all intents and purposes those beams of visible light are not affected by magntic fields.

----------------

On 2/25/2003 3:09:45 PM lynnm wrote:

Projection TV's create the visual image by projecting actual beams of light onto a screen. For all intents and purposes those beams of visible light are not affected by magntic fields.
----------------

...unless you put a big magnet next to the CRT guns in the bottom of the RPTV cabinet. I have a 43" Sony RPTV with Chorus speakers about a foot to each side, and there is no problem. But set a Forte/Heresy/subwoofer directly in front of the cabinet (where the CRT guns are) and it's distortion city on the picture!

Doug

ssstang:

When I first set up my KLF-30's a few years back, I tried numerous positions both next to and away from my Mits 46" projection TV. None of the positions affected the picture. Doug is correct when he says you have to have large magnets, in general, closer to the bottom of a PJTV to begin to mess up the picture. Standard projection TV's actually have 3 CRT's (one for each primary color) and they are located inside the bottom of the cabinet firing up to a mirror.

PhilH